Richa betters her Games record, wins ninth gold (Lead)February 17th, 2011 - 9:23 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, Feb 17 (IANS) Delhi’s Richa Mishra bettered her previous National Games record by wining the ninth gold in the swimming event in the current edition of the games here Thursday.Richa Thursday added two more golds to her overnight tally by wining the women’s 1500 metres freestyle and 100 metres backstroke event. In the 50 metres butterfly category, she had to be content with a silver.
The Delhi girl won eight gold medals in the previous edition of the national Games in Guwahati.
“I am pleased with my performance. Now my aim is to represent India in the 2012 London Olympics and I would give my all to qualify,” Richa told IANS.
“I credit my coach and parents for whatever success I have had so far.”
When asked to compare the facilities available at Jharkhand to the one at Guwahati, the venue of the last Games, Richa said: “I would give Jharkhand ten out of ten for both in the hospitality and the quality of the swimming pool.”
“It is outstanding and much better than many in the country. I would advise the local swimmers to utilise this world class infrastructure for perfect grooming.”
- Swimmer Richa Mishra now eyeing Olympic qualification - Feb 17, 2011
- Delhi's Richa Mishra wins four golds in swimming (Lead) - Feb 14, 2011
- National Games: Richa Mishra takes her tally to 11 golds - Feb 18, 2011
- Asian Games swimming: Khade creates history in pool after 24 years (Lead) - Nov 16, 2010
- Paralympics: Chinese fencers shine, Australian swimmer wins sixth gold - Sep 05, 2012
- Olympics swimming: Rochte claims gold, Phelps off podium (Lead) - Jul 29, 2012
- Olympics: Phelps takes his medal tally to 21; US overtake China (Overall Roundup) - Aug 04, 2012
- Golden girl in Paralympic pool - Sep 05, 2012
- National Games: Manipur boy helps Jharkhand win aquatics gold - Feb 16, 2011
- China set to challenge US dominance in pool - Jul 11, 2012
- South African swimmer Townsend misses Olympic qualification - Apr 19, 2012
- Rebecca Adlington seeks gold on her CWG debut - Oct 02, 2010
- National Games: Swimmer Richa Mishra finishes with 16 medals - Feb 19, 2011
- Paralympics: China's gold rush continues - Sep 08, 2012
- Chinese swimming team get hero's welcome - Aug 07, 2012
Tags: 2012 london olympics, aim, betters, butterfly, gold medals, guwahati, hospitality, India, jharkhand, last games, metres freestyle, mishra, national games, olympics, swimmers, swimming event, swimming pool, tally, venue, world class infrastructure