Rich Behm sustains permanent paralysisMay 4th, 2009 - 10:46 pm ICT by GD
After an unfortunate incident on Saturday, Dallas Cowboys scouting assistant, Rich Behm has sustained permanent paralysis. The accident happened on the 2nd of May, 2009, when Rich Behm and a dozen others were injured due to the collapse of the team’s tent-like practice structure. The indoor practice facility collapsed due to a severe storm in Irving, Texas.
The team made an announcement that, 33 years old, Rich Behm has “sustained a fracture to the Thoracic spine”. They mentioned that the accident had caused a fracture which resulted in the severing of the spinal cord at that level. Behm had to undergo a surgery after which his condition has stabilized. At the present moment Rich Behm is at Parkland Hospital.
Along with Behn two other Cowboy Staffers have been hospitalized. Joe DeCamillis, Special teams coach, was one of them. According to the team announcement, DeCamillis, 43, “sustained a fracture of one of his cervical vertebrae (C-7/T-1).” Fortunately, he has escaped from being paralyzed. The surgery to stabilize his fracture will be done on 4th of May. The other victim, Greg Gaither, who is the Assistant athletic trainer of the team, has suffered a fracture in the tibia and fibula of his right leg. He has already undergone surgery at Baylor University Medical Center. Reports claim that he will be released by this week.
The owner of Dallas Cowboys, Jerry Jones commented “to the Behm family we extend our love, comfort, and the full support of every person and resource within the organization.” Rich Behm has a brother, Jones, who also works in the same organization.
- Dallas Cowboys' coaches injured and paralyzed by May 2009 roof collapse reach $34 million settlement - Aug 31, 2010
- Dallas Cowboys Quarterback Tony Romo Fractures Collarbone Against New York Giants - Oct 26, 2010
- Gremio's Kleber to be out for five months - Mar 28, 2012
- QPR striker Mackie slams 'absolute disgrace' Diouf after foul-mouthed tirade - Jan 10, 2011
- Tom Hanks to produce new Kennedy film - Aug 18, 2012
- Wade Phillips' Job Might Be At Stake - Nov 08, 2010
- Dallas Cowboys Likely To Hire Rob Ryan As Defense Coordinator - Jan 15, 2011
- Martellus Bennett Apologizes After Naked Pictures Went Viral On Web - Jul 27, 2010
- Jerry Jones gets his glasses cleaned while watching his Cowboys match - Sep 07, 2012
- Wade Phillips Fired By Jery Jones - Nov 09, 2010
- Thousands Observe As The Texas Stadium Decimated - Apr 12, 2010
- Injured Ryan Harris most likely to miss 2011 World Cup - Dec 29, 2010
- Dallas Cowboys Trade Veteran Receiver Patrick Crayton To San Diego Chargers - Sep 04, 2010
- Villa given time to prove fitness - May 05, 2012
- Stem cells help save woman's leg - Oct 01, 2010
Tags: 33 years, baylor university medical center, behm, behn, brother jones, cervical vertebrae, dallas cowboys, fracture, gaither, irving texas, jerry jones, joe decamillis, paralysis, parkland hospital, present moment, teams coach, thoracic spine, tibia and fibula, unfortunate incident, university medical center