Results Of Maloof Money Cup 2009July 13th, 2009 - 7:36 pm ICT by GD
The entertaining event of the Maloof Money Cup came to an end and the clear winner in the tournament has been announced to be Chris Cole. The Maloof Money Cup 2009, spanning over a period of three days, had begun on July 10th; the championship is one of the richest event in the world of skateboarding. In the post announcement celebratory buzz, young Cole was all smiles after he laid claim on one of the most coveted titles of the sport.
During the course of the tournament, Cole did put on display his skills amazingly and proved why he is still considered as one of the most favorite street skateboarders in the present scenario. He most certainly dominated the Street finals at the Maloof Money Cup this year. The 27 year old Cole won $100k cash prize for clinching the win, pushing back opponents like Tommy Sandoval and Nyjah Huston down the line. The 18 year old Alex Perelson from San Diego topped the list of contenders for “Men’s Pro VERT”, taking home a cash prize of $75,000. He beat off stiff competition from fellow competitor Pierre Luc Gagnon, who came in second. In the “Men’s Am Street” category, Felipe Gustavo emerged a clear winner.
In the Women’s segment of the “Street” category Leticia Bufoni has been declared the winner, followed closely by Lacey Baker and Elissa Steamer. The “Best Trick” award went to Adam Dyet, who received $10,000 as prize money. Special award called the “Zumiez Destroyer Awards” were presented to a female skater as well as the male skater; to honor the skater who had “killed” the course throughout the three days of the championship. Alexis Sablone took home the “honor” amongst the ladies. Torey Pudwill received the award in the Men’s category.
- Maloof Money Cup 2009 Returns To Offer More - Jul 11, 2009
- Paul Rodriguez Wins Gold At X Games - Aug 02, 2009
- Skateboarder Flees Following San Diego's Comercia Bank Heist - Jul 19, 2010
- Patna team to represent India at global tech competition in Sydney - Apr 26, 2012
- Patti Smith wins the national book award for 2010 - Nov 18, 2010
- Charles Taylor 2012 Prize won by 'The Chimps of Fauna Sanctuary' - Mar 07, 2012
- Media Foundation of India awards declared - Aug 23, 2012
- Mountain Dew Xtreme Tour arrives in Noida - May 04, 2012
- Mexican poet wins human rights prize - Apr 23, 2012
- Tennis nationals: Vishnu, Prerna lead men's and women's field - Oct 09, 2011
- Kenyan and Ethiopian runners win Istanbul marathon - Oct 17, 2011
- 24 children to get National Bravery Awards - Jan 18, 2012
- Ghosal, Dipika top seeds in National Squash - Dec 03, 2011
- Skateboarder Sandro Dias finds India bigger-than-life experience (Lead, superseding previous story) - May 04, 2012
- Zenyatta Wins, Honored As Horse Of The Year In Eclipse Award - Jan 18, 2011
Tags: adam dyet, alex perelson, alexis sablone, cash prize, contenders, destroyer, fellow competitor, female skater, gustavo, lacey, leticia, male skater, nyjah huston, pierre luc gagnon, prize money, skateboarders, skateboarding, steamer, stiff competition, tommy sandoval