Reds’ Todd Frazier loses his batMay 29th, 2012 - 7:29 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York, May 29 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Baseball can sometimes be an odd and surprising game. What happened last Sunday to Todd Frazier from the Cincinnati Reds evidences this argument.
Last Sunday, at the Great American Ballpark, the Rockies and Reds combined to hit a record nine home runs in Cincinnati’s 7-5 victory. The most spectacular moment of the game was Frazier’s solo home run.
As he was in process of swinging, the bat slipped right out of Frazier’s hands, when he made contact with Moyer’s 72 mph changeup. Frazier’s bat went flying and he accomplished an amazing no-hands home run, with the ball wounding up in the seats, homering off of the Rockies’ Jamie Moyer. His homer enabled the Cincinnati Reds to out-bash the Colorado Rockies, ending on a 7-5 win, during a game that saw nine round-trippers.
Last week, the Frazier hit a walk off home run in the bottom of the ninth against the Atlanta Braves. He is a right handed infielder/outfielder. He played as a shortstop in college, but was converted to outfield in 2009. He played left field and third base for the Cincinnati Reds in 2011. Frazier was born in Point Pleasant, New Jersey.
- New York Yankees Acquire Outfielder Austin Kearns - Jul 31, 2010
- Starlin Castro, The New Star Of Chicago Cubs - May 08, 2010
- New York Mets Trade Jeff Francoeur To Texas Rangers - Sep 01, 2010
- Veteran Outfielder Jim Edmonds Joins Cincinnati Reds - Aug 10, 2010
- Atlanta Braves Acquire Alex Gonzalez - Jul 15, 2010
- Texas Rangers Register Victory In Must-Win World Series Game 3 - Oct 31, 2010
- Jose Canseco Returns To Baseball With Laredo Broncos - Aug 18, 2010
- Jimmy Rollins Strains Right Calf - Apr 13, 2010
- The 2009 Celebrity Softball Game - Jul 14, 2009
- Atlanta Braves Strengthen Outfield With Rick Ankiel - Aug 01, 2010
- Matt Cain Executes His Pitches To Victory - Oct 29, 2010
- Yankees Player Nick Engaged To "Gossip Girl" Star Garcia - Jun 01, 2010
- Mark Loretta Hits Victory Run, Casey Blake Becomes Match Hero - Oct 09, 2009
- Marcus Thames Snatches Win For Yankees - May 18, 2010
- Jennie Finch Shines At All Star Celebrity And Legends Game - Jul 13, 2010
Tags: atlanta braves, baseball, cincinnati reds, colorado rockies, evidences, game, great american ballpark, home runs, homer, last sunday, moyer, outfield, outfielder, point pleasant new jersey, shortstop, todd frazier, victory