Red Sox honors Jerry Remy DayJune 25th, 2008 - 10:09 am ICT by Amrit Rashmisrisethi
Gerald Peter Remy is a Major League Baseball broadcaster, former MLB second baseman, and President of Red Sox. Remy, resides in Weston, Massachusetts and currently works for the New England Sports Network ( NESW). Also, serving as the first president of the Red Sox Nation.
On June 24, Jerry Remy Day was at Fenway, the Red Sox are honoring Remy to mark his 20th anniversary as NESN’s Red Sox analyst before tonight game against Arizona. Students from the RemDawg’s hometown of Somerset, Massachusetts will be part of the pre - game ceremony.
Somerset High School graduates will sing the national anthem. The high school’s music department was called by the Red Sox to ask if the students would participate for Jerry Remy Day.The four recent graduates of Somerset High School will have the experience of their lives when they sing the National Anthem before the game between the Boston Red Sox and the Arizona Diamondbacks.
The ceremony will cast a series of videos showing Remy’s career as an analyst, also a special gift presentation to Jerry by NESN president Sean McGrail. The ceremony will conclude with Jerry throwing out the ceremonial first pitch to Carlton Fisk.
Mayor Tom Menino will also meet Jerry in the broadcast booth during the game to proclaim June 24th as Jerry Remy Day in the city of Boston.
- Jerry Remy take indefinite leave after recurring bouts of illness after his cancer surgery - May 08, 2009
- Cop fired for Carl Crawford slur - Jul 27, 2012
- Neil Diamond Performs "Sweet Caroline" At The Fenway Park - Apr 05, 2010
- Pedro Martinez Throws The Ceremonial Pitch For The Boston Red Sox - Apr 05, 2010
- Marco Scutaro Makes Preliminary Agreement With Boston Red Sox - Dec 05, 2009
- Peter Gammons Signs Up With MLB And NESN - Dec 09, 2009
- Bobby Jenks Agrees To $2Million Deal With Boston Red Sox? - Dec 17, 2010
- Boston Red Sox moves to the top of the 'Al wild card chase' - Sep 28, 2011
- Daniel Nava Goes For A Grand Slam - Jun 13, 2010
- I-Day: PM to unfurl national flag at Red Fort - Aug 14, 2011
- Dustin Pedroia Scores For Red Sox - Apr 05, 2010
- MLB playoffs: Yankees thrash Detroit Tigers - Oct 05, 2011
- Dustin Moseley Takes To Field A Day Earlier - Aug 09, 2010
- Nomar Garciaparra Retires From Major League Baseball - Mar 11, 2010
- Darnell McDonald The New Boston Red Sox Hero - Apr 21, 2010