Red Bull’s Webber earn gearbox penaltyJuly 21st, 2012 - 6:06 pm ICT by IANS
Hockenheim, July 21 (IANS) Australian driver Mark Webber is set to take a five-place grid penalty at the German Grand Prix for a gearbox change just ahead of Saturday’s practise session here at the Hockemheimring.
The team investigated a transmission issue overnight before opting to replace the box.
Webber is placed second in the driver’s world championship with 116 points 13 behind championship leader Fernando Alonso of Ferrari.
Lotus’s Romain Grosjean and Mercedes’ Nico Rosberg already have identical penalties.
Current regulations require gearboxes to last five Grand Prix races.
- Chinese GP: Rosberg takes maiden F1 pole, Force India out of top-10 - Apr 14, 2012
- German GP: Alonso zooms to second straight pole - Jul 21, 2012
- Vettel wins Bahrain GP, Force India's Di Resta finishes sixth - Apr 23, 2012
- McLaren lock front row in Italy - Sep 08, 2012
- Domineering Hamilton wins Hungarian GP - Jul 29, 2012
- Hamilton charges to pole in Hungarian GP - Jul 28, 2012
- Canadian GP: Hamilton 7th different winner in 2012 - Jun 11, 2012
- Vettel takes pole, di Resta 10th in Bahrain - Apr 21, 2012
- German GP: Alonso cruises to season's third win - Jul 22, 2012
- Button wins in chaotic Belgian GP - Sep 02, 2012
- Vettel takes pole for Indian GP, Karthikeyan penalised - Oct 29, 2011
- Alonso takes pole in British GP qualifying, Nico 9th fastest - Jul 08, 2012
- Untouchable Vettel wins Indian GP - Oct 30, 2011
- Hamilton glides to Monza victory - Sep 09, 2012
- Di Resta earns four points for Force India - Sep 09, 2012