Red Bull’s Vettel wins European Grand PrixJune 27th, 2010 - 11:28 pm ICT by ANI
Valencia (Spain), June 27(ANI): Red Bull’s Sebastian Vettel on Sunday put himself right back in this season’s Formula One title challenge by comfortably winning the European Grand Prix in Valencia.
Vettel took the chequered flag for the second time this season ahead of McLaren’s Lewis Hamilton, with the latter’s team-mate Jenson Button finishing third.
The Red Bull driver controlled the race from start to finish, and took the chequered flag for the second time this season ahead of McLaren’s Lewis Hamilton, with the latter’s team-mate Jenson Button finishing third.
Vettel’s victory came on a day when his Red Bull team-mate Mark Webber survived a horrific crash in which his car flipped upside down.
Webber was trying to pass Lotus’ Heikki Kovalainen when he hit the back of the Finn’s car.
Williams driver Rubens Barrichello finished fourth ahead of Renault’s Robert Kubica and Force India’s Adrian Sutil.
Sauber’s Kamui Kobayashi finished seventh ahead of Toro Rosso’s Sebastien Buemi and Ferrari’s Fernando Alonso, with Kobayashi’s team-mate Pedro de la Rosa claiming the final championship point.
At least nine drivers could yet be penalised for speeding behind the safety car, which was deployed after Webber’s accident.
Leading World Championship Standings:
1. Lewis Hamilton 127 points, 2. Jenson Button 121, 3. Sebastian Vettel 115, 4. Mark Webber 103, 5. Fernando Alonso 96. (ANI)
- Red Bull's Vettel wins Japanese Grand Prix - Oct 10, 2010
- Untouchable Vettel wins Indian GP - Oct 30, 2011
- Canadian GP: Hamilton 7th different winner in 2012 - Jun 11, 2012
- McLaren lock front row in Italy - Sep 08, 2012
- Red Bull's Vettel wins Malaysian Grand Prix - Apr 10, 2011
- Hamilton wins Chinese Grand Prix to end Vettel's winning streak - Apr 17, 2011
- Button fastest in rain-hit German Grand Prix first practice - Jul 20, 2012
- Vettel edges Hamilton for Malaysian Grand Prix pole - Apr 09, 2011
- German GP: Alonso zooms to second straight pole - Jul 21, 2012
- Vettel wins Bahrain GP, Force India's Di Resta finishes sixth - Apr 23, 2012
- Vettel wins a near perfect race, Sutil finishes ninth (Roundup) - Oct 30, 2011
- Chinese GP: Rosberg takes maiden F1 pole, Force India out of top-10 - Apr 14, 2012
- Button wins in chaotic Belgian GP - Sep 02, 2012
- Force India's Hulkenberg finishes fourth in Belgium - Sep 02, 2012
- Hamilton glides to Monza victory - Sep 09, 2012
Tags: adrian sutil, chequered flag, fernando alonso, force india, heikki kovalainen, horrific crash, jenson button, kamui, kobayashi, lewis hamilton, mark webber, mate mark, pedro de la rosa, robert kubica, rubens barrichello, safety car, sebastian vettel, team mate, title challenge, valencia spain