Ray Lewis’ Massive Hit Creates A BuzzSeptember 14th, 2010 - 8:02 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Sep 14, (THAINDIAN NEWS) As the Baltimore Ravens fought off the New York Jets in the closely knitted battle on Monday, one of the biggest highlights of the low scoring (10-9) game came in the final moments of the match. The highlight,however, was not an extraordinary pass or a great touchdown run but a hit from the legendary player Ray Lewis. As the New York Jets were looking to score an equalizer in the final minutes with a pass from the quarterback Mark Sanchez to the tight end Dustin Keller, Ray Lewis unleashed the massive legal hit that sent the opponent flying to the ground.
After the hit to Dustin Keller, Ray Lewis got up and celebrated the hit with his team mates in an aggressive style as the crowds reacted. As the crowds cheered on Dustin Kellar remained on the ground in what can best be described as a state after a massive accident. He looked disoriented and in pain but got up soon. He remained on the ground for quite sometime after the hit and Ray Lewis was seen in his usual cool self.
Ray Lewis was also in the news after the game when he said that the game got personal between him and the New York Jets coach Rex Ryan. In a blatant attack to his former coach, Ray Lewis said that the coach was writing checks that his team cannot cash. He also said that he did not speak with Rex Ryan after the game in the locker room. He added that though he had respect for Rex Ryan as they had won the Super Bowl together, he felt that he as a warrior was provoked and thus bound to react.
- Rex Ryan to be fined between $75,000 - $100,000 - Nov 21, 2011
- "Hard Knocks" Comes Up With New York Jets - Aug 12, 2010
- New York Jets Defeats Indianapolis Colts To Reach AFC Semi-Finals - Jan 09, 2011
- Rex Ryan Controversy Haunting New York Jets - Dec 23, 2010
- Obscene Photos Of Rex Ryan's Wife Takes Internet By Storm - Jan 03, 2011
- Pittsburgh Steelers Wins Against Baltimore Ravens In AFC Playoff - Jan 16, 2011
- Mike Tomlin: The Youngest Coach To Make It To Super Bowl - Jan 24, 2011
- Jet's Antonio Cromartie "Hates" Patriot's Tom Brady - Jan 13, 2011
- Rashard Mendenhall Lead Pittsburgh Steelers To Super Bowl Final - Jan 24, 2011
- Dallas Cowboys Likely To Hire Rob Ryan As Defense Coordinator - Jan 15, 2011
- Sal Alosi Lack Of Sportmanship Degrades The Jets - Dec 13, 2010
- Dustin Pedroia Scores For Red Sox - Apr 05, 2010
- Jets' Eric Ainge Gives Good Tussle To Ravens - Aug 25, 2009
- Its Baltimore Ravens vs Jacksonville Jaguars today - Oct 24, 2011
- Patriots Crush Jets In AFC East Division - Dec 07, 2010
Tags: aggressive style, baltimore ravens, blatant attack, crowds, equalizer, former coach, kar, kellar, locker room, mark sanchez, massive accident, new york jets, opponent, ravens, ray lewis, rex ryan, super bowl, team mates, tight end, touchdown