Rawat, Jain in semis of SVS junior snookerMay 17th, 2012 - 10:08 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, May 17 (IANS) Delhi’s Laxman Rawat ended qualifier Mundir Sherazi’s dream run with a 4-3 decision to enter the semi-finals of the SVS All-India invitational junior snooker tournament here Thursday.
After the duo shared six frames, Rawat constructed a break of 44 in the seventh to clinch the issue and join Andhra’s Himanshu Jain in the semi-finals. Himanshu defeated Rishit Jain from Delhi 4-1.
Quarter-finals: Laxman Rawat (DEL) bt Mundir Sherazi (KAR) 4-3; Himanshu Jain (AP) bt Rishit Jain (DEL) 4-1.
Pre-quarter-finals: Ishpreet Singh (MAH) bt Kabil Badami (MAH) 3-2; Himanshu Jain (AP) bt Germain Girish (KAR) 3-0; Rishit Jain (DEl) bt Nitesh Madan (DEL) 3-0; Laxman Rawat (DEL) bt Nikhil Pise (KAR) 3-0; Mundir Sherazi(KAR) bt Ashutosh Padhey (ODI) 3-0; Peter Paul (TN) bt E. Sundar Raj (TN) 3-0; Lalrina Renthlei (MIZ) bt M.L. Lakshman (KAR) 3-1; Malkeet Singh (UP) bt S. Shrikrishna (TN) 3-0.
- Snooker - Delhi cueists in last 16 - May 16, 2012
- Madan shocks Renthlei in junior snooker - May 15, 2012
- Haria enters semi-final league in national junior billiards - Jul 28, 2011
- Badami on a winning spree in junior snooker - May 14, 2012
- National snooker: Haria in semifinal league - Jan 15, 2012
- Renthlei wins maiden snooker title for Mizoram - Jul 27, 2011
- Chopra joins centurions list in National Snooker - Feb 01, 2012
- Pandya notches 107 break in national snooker meet - Aug 01, 2011
- Mehta sparkles with 134 break at National snooker - Jan 31, 2012
- Titles for Rawat, Varsha in National Cue Sports - Jan 22, 2012
- Varsha, Dhuvaj bag national titles in cue sports - Jul 20, 2011
- Mehta eases into semis of National Snooker Championship - Feb 03, 2012
- Nagal extends Sinha in MCC-Adidas junior tennis - Aug 31, 2011
- Haria bags junior billiards crown - Jul 30, 2011
- Sethi, Advani, Alok advance in senior national billiards - Jul 28, 2011