Ravens Player Paul Kruger Ensures His Team’s Victory Against The SteelersNovember 30th, 2009 - 6:54 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Baltimore, Nov.30, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Baltimore Ravens defensive end Paul Kruger gave a power packed performance on Sunday’s NFL game and ensured his team’s victory against the Pittsburgh Steelers in a highly anticipated encounter between the two teams. The young player’s interception during overtime turned the outcome of the game as he readily converted his team’s potential loss into an unexpected victory. The Ravens registered their win against the Super Bowl-champion Pittsburgh Steelers by the score of 20-17.
Not only was the game winning interception delivered by the Ravens defensive end significant in the match but was also pertinent for the player as it was the first interception of his professional career. In order to achieve it, the linebacker intercepted a pass by Steelers quarterback Dennis Dixon and this opportunity was utilized by Ravens placekicker Billy Cundiff, who delivered a 29 yard field goal. This gave the much needed impetus to the Baltimore Ravens who ultimately emerged as the eventual winning team.
However, Steelers player Dennis Dixon, who was appearing in the first game of his NFL career also delivered an impressive performance during the game until overtime, when the Ravens defensive end Kruger stole the show.
Meanwhile, 23 year old Kruger was considered to the among the high ranking defensive end contenders in the 2009 NFL Draft. He was selected by the Baltimore Ravens in the month of April this year, during the second round of 2009 NFL Draft. Moreover, with his stunning performance the young player grabbed immense attention as he kept his team Baltimore Ravens’ hopes alive by ensuring victory in the crucial game.
- Ray Rice Delivers Winning Kick For The Ravens - Nov 30, 2009
- Pittsburgh Steelers Wins Against Baltimore Ravens In AFC Playoff - Jan 16, 2011
- "No Disrespect For Ed Reed," Hines Ward Says - Jan 16, 2011
- Ben Roethlisberger Undergoes Surgery To Fix Broken Nose - Dec 07, 2010
- Green Bay Packers win Super Bowl 31-25 over Pittsburgh Steelers - Feb 07, 2011
- NFL picks for Week 1 are interesting - Sep 08, 2011
- Our Daily Bread To Benefit From Baltimore Ravens' Victory - Jan 14, 2011
- Troy Polamalu Vs. Champ Bailey: A Tale Of Competence Galore - Aug 29, 2010
- Ravens Register Their Fourth Straight Victory Against The Browns - Nov 17, 2009
- Michael Oher And Tom Zbikowski Fined By NFL - Oct 03, 2010
- Terrell Suggs Lists Tom Brady And Peyton Manning As NFL Favorites - Dec 06, 2010
- Troy Polamalu Wants To Continue Team's Winning Streak - Nov 10, 2009
- Oakland Raiders Player Richard Seymour Punches Ben Roethlisberger During Sunday's Game - Nov 22, 2010
- Pittsburgh Steelers Pick Thaddeus Gibson In The Fourth Round Of NFL Draft - Apr 25, 2010
- New York Jets Beat The Cincinnati Bengals At Final Playoffs - Jan 04, 2010
Tags: baltimore ravens, billy cundiff, first game, gina gomez, impressive performance, interception, month of april, nfl career, nfl draft, nfl game, paul kruger, pittsburgh steelers, placekicker, professional career, ravens, steelers quarterback, stunning performance, unexpected victory, winning team, yard field goal