Raptors hit by seven-game losing streak in NBAJanuary 21st, 2012 - 4:45 pm ICT by IANS
Toronto, Jan 21 (IANS) The Toronto Raptors lost their seventh consecutive game after a 84-94 loss to the Portland Trailblazers in National Basketball Association (NBA) league.
The team was once again without forward Andrea Bargnani and point-guard Jerryd Bayless, who have missed the past five and 13 games respectively, Xinhua reported.
On a positive note, newly signed center Aaron Gray made his home debut Friday after sitting out the first fourteen games of the season with a rapid heart rate. In total, Raptors’ players have missed a combined 43 games.
The seven-game losing run is approaching one of the franchise’s longest losing streaks of all-time. Last season, the team lost thirteen consecutive games between Jan 12 and Feb 2, the second worst streak in franchise history.
The franchise’s longest losing streak of all time occurred in the 1996-97 season when it lost 17 games en route to a 16-66 record. However, the Raptors do not own the record for most consecutive losses. That honour goes to the Cleveland Cavaliers, who lost an all-time record of 26 consecutive games in the 2010-11 season between Dec 20 and Feb 11.
Next up for the Raptors are the Los Angeles Clippers Sunday where they begin a five game road trip. Following their game against Los Angeles, the team will visit Phoenix, Utah, Denver and New Jersey before returning home Jan 31 to face the Atlanta Hawks.
- Raptors capture first win on NBA's first 3D court - Jan 05, 2012
- Uzoh records Raptors' first triple double in 11 years - Apr 27, 2012
- Kleiza returns to Raptors after 11-month absence - Jan 12, 2012
- Wade, Bosh, James lead Miami to victory over Raptors - Mar 31, 2012
- Jerryd Bayless Shows Surprising Dexterity In Match Against Phoenix Suns - Dec 18, 2009
- Tim Tebow's performance makes his team win - Nov 28, 2011
- Inter upset by Lecce as Milan win to chase Juventus - Jan 30, 2012
- Height is no problem in basketball, says NBA shorty - Jan 09, 2012
- De Rosario is MLS Most Valuable Player - Nov 19, 2011
- Sensex snaps 4-week losing streak, gains 65 points (Weekly market review) - May 26, 2012
- Clippers Get Blake Griffin in NBA Draft - May 20, 2009
- Rupee gains for second day as RBI intervenes - May 25, 2012
- Matt Barnes Signs Two Year Deal With Los Angeles Lakers - Jul 23, 2010
- Raptors begin busy March with loss to Grizzlies - Mar 03, 2012
- Santos' seven-game winning streak ends - Mar 11, 2012
Tags: andrea bargnani, atlanta hawks, bayless, cleveland cavaliers, consecutive game, consecutive games, consecutive losses, franchise history, game losing streak, game road trip, home debut, home jan, los angeles clippers, national basketball association, nba league, portland trailblazers, rapid heart rate, time record, toronto raptors, xinhua