Ranji Trophy: Tamil Nadu-Mumbai tie ends in a drawDecember 11th, 2010 - 9:11 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Dec 11 (IANS) Tamil Nadu picked up three points for their 109-run first innings lead against Mumbai as the rain-affected Ranji Trophy Elite Group A match ended in a draw here Saturday.Replying to Mumbai’s first innings total of 238 all out, Tamil Nadu, overnight 149 for four, finished on 347. In their second essay, Mumbai lost two early wickets before the stumps were drawn with their total on 13 for two in 15 overs.
The three points took Tamil Nadu’s tally to 14, while Mumbai head the table with 21 after six outings.
A 115-run partnership between K. Shrivasudevadas (99) and Rajagopal Sathish (44) proved to be the cornerstone of Tamil Nadu innings as the duo batted steadily to take their team within striking distance of a first innings lead.
Shrivasudevadas was distinctly unlucky to miss out on a deserved century, but from his team’s perspective, the 173-ball knock (11 x 4) was worth its weight in gold as it put Tamil Nadu’s campaign back on track.
Having bagged three points, the Tamil Nadu innings stretched well into the day and Lakshmipathy Balaji helped himself to a rapid 41 off 56 balls (4 x 6, 1 x 4).
For Mumbai, 18-year old left-arm spinner Harmeet Singh came up with an impressive performance and took five for 86 though in the ultimate analysis, it could not stop Tamil Nadu from taking the all-important lead.
Mumbai (1st innings): 238.
Tamil Nadu (1st innings - Overnight 149 for 4): Abhinav Mukund lbw Abdulla 13; Srikkanth Anirudha c Salvi b Abdulla 20; Subramaniam Badrinath c and b Harmeet Singh 51; K Dinesh Karthik b Nayar 19; K Shrivasudevadas b Harmeet Singh 99; Rajagopal Sathish c Abdullah b Powar 44; Chandrasekar Ganapathy c Jaffer b Harmeet Singh 33; Suresh Kumar c Jaffer b Harmeet Singh 11; Lakshmipathy Balaji b Abdulla 41; V Arun Kumar c Rahane b Harmeet Singh 1; Aushik Srinivas (not out) 0. Extras (lb-8, nb-5, w-2): 15. Total (all out, 123.5 overs): 347.
Fall of wickets: 1-28, 2-54, 3-101, 4-117, 5-232, 6-266, 7-302, 8-305, 9-315, 10-347.
Bowling: Avishkar Salvi 13-4-33-0; Javed Khan 7-2-14-0 (2w); Iqbal Abdulla 44.5-12-89-3; Ramesh Powar 29-5-92-1 (4nb); Harmeet Singh 23-4-86-5; Abhishek Nayar 7-0-25-1 (1nb).
Mumbai (2nd innings): Sahil Kukreja c Mukund b Suresh Kumar 5; Onkar Gurav c and b Suresh Kumar 4; Ajinkya Rahane (not out) 3; Prashant Naik (not out) 1. Extras: 0. Total (for 2 wkts, 15 overs): 13.
Fall of wickets: 1-8, 2-9.
Bowling: Lakshmipathy Balaji 3-1-5-0; R Aushik Srinivas 7-3-6-0; Suresh Kumar 5-4-2-2.
- Ranji Trophy scoreborad: Tamil Nadu vs. Gujarat - Dec 18, 2010
- Ranji Trophy scoreboard: Tamil Nadu vs Gujarat - Dec 16, 2010
- Ranji Trophy: Jaffer props up Mumbai innings - Dec 09, 2010
- Ranji Trophy: Late strikes put Tamil Nadu on top - Nov 03, 2010
- Tamil Nadu take control on opening day against Assam - Nov 01, 2010
- Ranji Trophy: Saurashtra well placed against Railways - Dec 22, 2011
- Tamil Nadu, Railways Ranji Trophy match ends in a draw - Nov 27, 2010
- Ranji Trophy: Delhi bowled out for 212 against Tamil Nadu - Nov 17, 2011
- IPL scoreboard: Pune Warriors vs Kolkata Knight Riders - May 20, 2011
- IPL Scoreboard: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Apr 23, 2011
- Scoreboard: Kolkata Knight Riders vs Pune Warriors, IPL - May 20, 2012
- Ranji Trophy: Delhi hold upper hand against Tamil Nadu - Nov 11, 2010
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, Day Four, Third Test - Jul 10, 2011
- IPL scoreboard: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Mar 26, 2010
- Ranji Trophy: Saurashtra, Rajasthan win big - Dec 23, 2011
Tags: arun kumar, badrinath, dinesh karthik, elite group, ganapathy, harmeet, impressive performance, jaffer, lakshmipathy balaji, lbw, mukund, nayar, powar, rajagopal, srikkanth, srinivas, striking distance, suresh kumar, tie ends, ultimate analysis