Ranji Trophy: Delhi in control against Tamil NaduNovember 12th, 2010 - 8:16 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Nov 12 (IANS) Seventeen-year-old left-arm spinner Vikas Mishra took four for 50 to help Delhi take a decisive 110-run first innings lead against Tamil Nadu on the third and penultimate day of the Ranji Trophy Elite Group A league match here Friday.
Tamil Nadu were bundled out for 208 despite a painstaking century by Subramaniam Badrinath (104, 2 x 6, 6 x 4) and his 91-run sixth wicket partnership with night watchman Chandrasekar Ganapathy (23) as Delhi took control of the match.
In their second innings, Delhi were 122 for two at stumps for an overall lead of 232 and appeared certain to grab crucial points.
In the morning, Tamil Nadu batsmen did not show much of a fight once the Badrinath-Ganapathy partnership was broken as the rest simply yielded ground while Delhi bowlers asserted themselves.
Delhi then went on the aggressive with opener Shikhar Dhawan belting an unbeaten 76 (10 x 4) to put his team in control.
Delhi (1st Innings): 318 all out
Tamil Nadu (1st Innings): Abhinav Mukund c and b Suyal 2; Srikkanth Anirudha c Sharma b Mishra 28; Arun Karthik c Bisht b Awana 18; Subramaniam Badrinath b Suyal 104; Dinesh Karthik c Tehlan b Mishra 6; Rajagopal Sathish b Mishra 2; Chandrasekar Ganapathy (run out - Suyal) 23; Ravichandran Ashwin c Dhawan b Chauhan 3; Murthy Prabhu lbw Mishra 3; Aushik Srinivas c Bisht b Suyal 4; Sunil Sam (not out) 1. Extras (b-7, lb-3, nb-4): 14. Total (all out, 100.2 overs): 208
Fall of wickets: 1-3, 2-48, 3-50, 4-60, 5-82, 6-171, 7-177, 8-192, 9-203, 10-208.
Bowling: Parvinder Awana 14-3-34-1, Pawan Suyal 18.2-7-37-3, Vikas Mishra 38-11-50-4, Virat Kohli 1-0-3-0, Manoj Chauhan 22-5-63-1, Yogesh Nagar 3-1-7-0,
Mithun Manhas 4-2-4-0.
Delhi (2nd innings): Chetan Sharma b Ashwin 22; Shikhar Dhawan (batting) 76; Yogesh Nagar c Badrinath b Ashwin 23; Manoj Chauhan (batting) 0. Extras (b-1): 1. Total (for 2 wkts, 41 overs): 122
Fall of wickets: 1-46, 2-105.
Bowling: Chandrasekar Ganapathy 6-0-27-0, Sunil Sam 1-0-2-0, Aushik Srinivas 9-1-30-0, Ravichandran Ashwin 17-4-39-2, Murthy Prabhu 7-0-23-0, Abhinav Mukund 1-1-0-0.
- Ranji Trophy: Delhi hold upper hand against Tamil Nadu - Nov 11, 2010
- Ranji Trophy: Delhi pick up three points - Nov 13, 2010
- Scoreboard: Ranji Trophy quarterfinals, Tamil Nadu vs Delhi - Dec 25, 2009
- Ranji Trophy: Kohli century props up Delhi against Tamil Nadu - Nov 10, 2010
- Scoreboard: Ranji Trophy quarterfinals, Tamil Nadu vs. Delhi - Dec 27, 2009
- Ranji Trophy scoreboard: Tamil Nadu vs Gujarat - Dec 16, 2010
- Scoreboard: Ranji Trophy quarterfinals, Tamil Nadu vs. Delhi - Dec 26, 2009
- Ranji Trophy: Late strikes put Tamil Nadu on top - Nov 03, 2010
- Scoreboard: Ranji Trophy quarterfinals, Delhi vs Tamil Nadu - Dec 24, 2009
- Tamil Nadu take control on opening day against Assam - Nov 01, 2010
- Mishra's 4/49 puts Delhi in control (Ranji Trophy Roundup) - Nov 12, 2010
- Ranji Trophy scoreboard: Delhi vs Mumbai, Day two - Dec 16, 2010
- Ranji Trophy scoreboard: Delhi vs Mumbai, first day - Dec 15, 2010
- Ranji Trophy: Tamil Nadu-Mumbai tie ends in a draw - Dec 11, 2010
- Ranji Trophy scoreborad: Tamil Nadu vs. Gujarat - Dec 18, 2010
Tags: abhinav, awana, bisht, bowlers, dinesh karthik, elite group, ganapathy, kohli, manhas, mishra, mithun, night watchman, overall lead, ranji trophy, ravichandran, sathish, shikhar dhawan, subramaniam, wicket partnership, wickets