Randhawa to play in DLF MastersSeptember 16th, 2009 - 10:29 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 16 (IANS) Leading Indian golfter Jyoti Randhawa returns to his home course to defend his title in the DLF Masters.
The Rs.80 lakh prize money event will be his first AIRCEL-PGTI event of the 2009 season.
The tournament, to be played at the DLF Golf and Country Club, Gurgaon Sep 17-20, will also feature the likes of Shiv Kapur, Gaurav Ghei, Gaganjeet Bhullar, SSP Chowrasia, Mukesh Kumar, Ashok Kumar, Digvijay Singh, Anirban Lahiri, Rahil Gangjee, C. Muniyappa, Mohd. Siddikur Rahman and Harmeet Kahlon.
DLF began its association with the AIRCEL-PGTI with the introduction of the inaugural DLF Masters in May 2007, an event which was worth Rs.65 lakh.
The tournament’s unique format is another added attraction. Professionals team up with amateurs to compete for the team championship on the last two days. Each team comprises of two professionals and one amateur and the team score is calculated by taking into account the two best scores out of three on a hole-by-hole basis.
The course, designed by the legendary Arnold Palmer, enjoys the distinction of having been adjudged the best course in the Indian sub-continent. It features world class fairways and fast and true greens.
Padamjit Sandhu, Director, PGTI, said: “The DLF Masters has matured into a key flagship event on the AIRCEL-PGTI calendar. It is support of corporate houses such as DLF that has, and will continue to contribute towards the growth and consolidation of Indian professional golf over the years to come.”
Aakash Ohri, Director, DLF Golf Resorts Ltd., said: “DLF has played a significant role in promoting the sport in India through its world-class facilities, sponsorship of professional events, individuals and junior programs that help nurture talent in the country.”
- Strong Indian line-up for DLF Masters Golf - Sep 15, 2010
- Top stars for Panchkula golf - Mar 03, 2010
- Top Indian golfers gear up for ONGC Masters - Nov 17, 2009
- Top players for Crompton Greaves golf from Mon 25 - Nov 24, 2009
- Aircel-PGTI Players Championship at Tollygunge Club - Jan 30, 2010
- Top pros for Willingdon golf - Nov 10, 2009
- Top stars for Global Green golf - Aug 31, 2009
- Chandigarh to hosts Players Championship golf - Sep 08, 2009
- Ten teams confirmed for Louis Philippe golf - Feb 22, 2012
- New season tees off at Dhaka - Jan 23, 2010
- Puravankara takes Bangalore for Louis Philippe golf - Nov 09, 2011
- Top golfers for Tata Open - Oct 27, 2009
- PGTI Masters event to carry a prize purse of Rs.8 mn - Nov 30, 2009
- Ranjit Singh in lead in Aircel-PGTI Players Championship - Mar 04, 2010
- Avantha Masters to highlight PGTI Tour, Feeder Tour also introduced - Jan 04, 2010
Tags: added attraction, aircel, anirban, arnold palmer, ashok kumar, corporate houses, digvijay singh, dlf golf, flagship event, harmeet, indian sub continent, jyoti randhawa, kahlon, lahiri, prize money event, professional events, rahil gangjee, sport in india, team score, true greens