Raksha Bandhan preparations in full swingAugust 15th, 2008 - 8:47 pm ICT by ANI
By Smitha Manidharan
New Delhi, Aug 15 (ANI: On the eve of Raksha Bandhan hundreds of people both men and women thronged the market places in Delhi, despite the closure of shops due to Independence Day.
Raksha Bandhan is a festival of Hindus which celebrates the relationship between brothers and sisters on the full moon of month of Shravana, which is marked by tying of rakhi or holy thread on wrist of brothers, gift and sweets are also exchanged.
Women of all age groups were seen teeming in large numbers at Mehndi stalls, Rakhi stalls and sweet shops of various parts of Delhi .
Some of the girls shopping in the markets for rakhi said that this is a festival when they can pray for the wellbeing of their brothers.
Rakhi is a beautiful festival when I can pray for the longlife, safety and wellbeing of my brother, says Pallavi.
I love my brother a lot and would like to take simple and intricately designed rakhis for my brother, said Parul. (ANI)
- Delhi celebrates Raksha Bandhan with fervour - Aug 02, 2012
- Delhi celebrates Raksha Bandhan with gaiety - Aug 13, 2011
- Musical or cartoon rakhi - take your pick this Raksha Bandhan (Raksha Bandhan is on Aug 2) (With Images) - Jul 27, 2012
- Women to get free bus rides on Rakhi day - Aug 01, 2012
- Rakhi highlights importance of women in Indian society: PM - Aug 12, 2011
- President greets nation on Raksha Bandhan - Aug 01, 2012
- Delhi Metro plans extra trips for Raksha Bandhan - Aug 01, 2012
- Brothers, sisters celebrate the bond of love on Rakhi - Aug 05, 2009
- President, PM greet nation on Raksha Bandhan (Lead) - Aug 12, 2011
- Rakhi celebrated in Chandigarh - Aug 05, 2009
- President greets nation on Raksha Bandhan - Aug 23, 2010
- Free Raksha Bandhan ride to women, kids in Haryana - Jul 31, 2012
- Re-double efforts to protect women: President - Aug 02, 2012
- Fun, cheer on Raksha Bandhan in Lucknow - Aug 13, 2011
- Forget threads and beads - invest in gold, diamond rakhi (Feature) - Aug 12, 2011
Tags: age groups, brother, brothers and sisters, closure, eve, full moon, full swing, girls, hindus, independence day, large numbers, men and women, New Delhi, rakhis, raksha bandhan, relationship, smitha, sweet shops, sweets, wellbeing