Rajini to participate in Endurance world championship raceNovember 10th, 2010 - 4:47 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Nov 10 (IANS) Krishnan Rajini, in the Red Rooster Racing livery, will become the first Indian ever to participate in the Qtel FIM Endurance World Championship when he rolls out for the fifth and final event of the 2010 edition at Doha, Qatar Saturday.
The Chennai-based Rajini, will be riding a Suzuki GSX R 1000 bike and is backed by Red Rooster Racing and the Federation of Motor Sports Clubs of India.
The championship will be featuring a record 42 teams that include leading bike and tyre suppliers besides BMW who joined the championship with four permanent teams racing on the new S 1000 RR, like the official Michelin BMW team and the semi-official Penz13.com.
Among the contenders for the 2010 title are former World champions the SERT, Suzuki Endurance Racing Team and the Yamaha France GMT 94.
The competition has also been on the tyres suppliers’ side as Japanese manufacturer Bridgestone has joined the battle alongside three other brands, Dunlop, Michelin and Pirelli.
- Rajini hopeful of strong showing in Asia Road Racing - Oct 14, 2011
- Top-10 finish for Rajini in Asian Road Racing - Oct 16, 2011
- Buddh Circuit to host Superbike World Championship in 2013 - Jun 09, 2012
- Suzuki launches 805cc cruiser bike - Nov 28, 2011
- FIA GT1 World Championship: Budh International to host 2012 season final - Feb 13, 2012
- Asian Road Racing Championship: Moto-Rev picks up 21 points - May 01, 2011
- 40 riders for Asian Road Racing Championship - Aug 03, 2011
- Technical innovations will liven up F1 season, says Alonso - Mar 24, 2011
- Moto-Rev India set for Asian Road Racing Championship - Apr 28, 2011
- Bridgestone to pull out of F1 at end of 2010 season - Nov 02, 2009
- Red Rooster team for Asian GP series - May 15, 2009
- King registers stunning win in MRF championships (Lead) - Feb 06, 2011
- King bounces back with win in MRF championship - Feb 06, 2011
- Rajini makes amends at National Racing Championship - Jul 03, 2011
- JK Asia Series to run in Europe (Lead) - May 24, 2012
Tags: bmw team, bridgestone, contenders, doha qatar, endurance racing, endurance world championship, gmt 94, gsx r 1000, japanese manufacturer, livery, pirelli, qtel, red rooster, semi official, sports clubs, suzuki endurance racing team, suzuki gsx r, suzuki gsx r 1000, world champions, yamaha france