Rajini finishes fifth in Malaysian Super series raceJuly 16th, 2008 - 8:17 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, July 16 (IANS) K. Rajini of Team Red Rooster Racing finished fifth in the Malaysian Super Series race (Super 600cc class) for two-wheelers in Kuala Lumpur, according to information received here Wednesday. Rajini, however, is second overall in the championship. With one more round - two races - to go, the Indian champion is set to seal his position.
Rajini qualified fifth in the expert class, behind four professional Petronas riders. Once the race commenced, he moved to the third position clocking a scorching lap of 1:09:54. Eventually he had to settle for fifth as the Petronas riders upped their game too.
In the second race, Rajini again came in fifth after a determined effort.
The Series concludes in October when it will be run as a support event for the Moto Grand Prix (GP). Rajini and team-mate Rohit Giri from Bangalore who will be riding a Yamaha R6 in the Super Sports Open class, and currently heading the championship, will be seen in action during the weekend.
- Close races likely in National Motorcycle meet - Jun 01, 2012
- Kraisart takes pole in Asia Road Racing - Aug 06, 2011
- Moto-Rev Team dominate day 1 of racing championship - Jun 02, 2012
- Rookie motorbike rider Ramesh bags a double - Jun 03, 2012
- Rajini dominates superbikes class - Aug 12, 2012
- Double for Sarath Kumar - Sep 09, 2012
- Close battles likely in third round of Asia Road Racing - Aug 05, 2011
- Rajini's fifth win in a row in national racing - Sep 04, 2010
- National Motorcycle Racing: Double for Rajini, Deepak - Aug 14, 2011
- Moto-Rev India set for Asian Road Racing Championship - Apr 28, 2011
- Moto GP rider Simoncelli dies after horrific crash at Sepang (Lead) - Oct 23, 2011
- National motorbike races hotting up - Sep 02, 2011
- Top honours for Rajini in National Motorcycle Championship - Oct 02, 2011
- 40 riders for Asian Road Racing Championship - Aug 03, 2011
- Double for Rajini, Sriskandarajah in national racing - Jul 04, 2010