Rajasthan NGO accuses Lalit Modi of cheating, forgeryFebruary 15th, 2009 - 5:49 pm ICT by IANS
Jaipur, Feb 15 (IANS) A Jaipur based voluntary organisation Sunday filed a police complaint against Lalit Modi, the president of the Rajasthan Cricket Association and the brain behind the Indian Premier League (IPL), for alleged misappropriation of funds.
“Nagrik Morcha has filed an FIR (first information report) under section 420 and section 467 of the IPC against Modi with us today (Sunday),” a police official of Jyoti Nagar police station told IANS.
Section 420 deals with cheating and section 467 with forgery of valuable security.
Suresh Mishra, state convener of the Nagrik Morcha, said that soon after the serial bomb blasts rocked Jaipur May 13, 2008, Modi announced that IPL would deposit Rs.60 million (Rs.6 crore) in the Chief Minister’s Relief Fund for victims of the bomb blasts.
“After an IPL match was held here May 17, 2008, Modi presented a cheque for Rs.60 million to then chief minister Vasundhara Raje. According to our information, this amount never reached the victims. We want to know where this money has gone. We want this to be probed,” Mishra said.
Modi, who was considered close to Vasundhara Raje, is also facing charges of forgery in a land deal in Nagaur district in Rajasthan.
- Jaipur FIR against me is flimsy and vindictive: Lalit Modi (Lead) - Feb 15, 2009
- Rajasthan HC issues notice to Lalit Modi in cheating case - Apr 24, 2009
- Jaipur body files case against IPL chief Modi - Feb 15, 2009
- IPL chief Modi gets anticipatory bail - Feb 24, 2009
- Rajasthan HC issues notice to Lalit Modi - Apr 24, 2009
- 'Modi was the single-window to Rajasthan during Vasundhara regime' - Apr 26, 2010
- IPL chief Modi loses RCA elections (Lead) - Mar 01, 2009
- Chennai Police summons Modi in funds misappropriation case - Dec 28, 2010
- Chennai Police to probe IPL scam, summon Lalit Modi - Oct 15, 2010
- BCCI lodges complaint against Lalit Modi - Oct 13, 2010
- Rajasthan BJP crisis: Raje supporters want her as state chief - May 07, 2012
- Rajasthan legislator to get special facilities in jail (Lead) - Apr 13, 2012
- Jailed BJP legislator alleges ill-treatment - Apr 25, 2012
- Rajasthan legislator held for 2006 'staged' shootout - Apr 05, 2012
- Raje supporters want her as state chief, BJP says rift over (Lead) - May 07, 2012
Tags: 60 million, bomb blasts, chief minister, convener, cricket association, crore, fir, forgery, information report, ipc, ipl, misappropriation of funds, modi, police complaint, police official, police station, rajasthan, rs 6, vasundhara, voluntary organisation