Raj Thackeray pours more venom out against North IndiansMay 19th, 2008 - 1:12 pm ICT by admin
Mumbai/New Delhi, May 19 (ANI): Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) chief Raj Thackeray continues to pour venom against North Indians.
On the occasion of Konkan Vision Mahotsav on Sunday, the MNS leader made a sarcastic remark on the migrant population.
“Don’t tell others about the development of the Konkan area as the North Indians will come and grab the opportunities by settling in the region,” said Thackeray.
Meanwhile, in New Delhi, National Panthers Party activists took to the streets demanding Thackeray’s arrest for his continuing diatribe against North Indians.
“We have begun our protest symbolically and warn the people associated with MNS that if they would come to Delhi they must be ready to receive tit for tat treatment,” said Sanjay Sachdeva, state president of the National Panthers Party.
The parochial statements of Thackeray led to violence against the people of North Indian-origin living in Mumbai. (ANI)
- Mumbai Congress MP Nirupam stirs hornet's nest - Oct 24, 2011
- Raj Thackeray renews attack on north Indian immigrants - Oct 04, 2011
- Uddhav again demands permit system for Bihari migrants - Sep 04, 2012
- Raj Thackeray warns of riots over anti-Marathi remarks - Nov 03, 2011
- Marathi vs migrants - cops told to study leaders' speeches - Nov 04, 2011
- Raj Thackeray again attacks north Indian migrants - Jul 18, 2011
- Will attend Bihar Day in Mumbai, stresses Nitish - Apr 13, 2012
- Thakerays are 'infiltrators' in Maharashtra from Bihar: Lalu Prasad - Sep 09, 2012
- Bihar Day: Shiv Sena non-confrontationist, MNS belligerent - Apr 13, 2012
- Stone-pelting cases: Raj Thackeray gets bail from Aurangabad court - Feb 09, 2011
- Lalu's RJD backs Nitish on Bihar Day in Mumbai - Apr 13, 2012
- Munde failed to clinch good offer from Congress: Raj Thackeray - Jun 23, 2011
- Defiant MNS asks Mumbai residents not to pay toll tax - Jul 29, 2012
- Mayawati flays Raj Thackeray for remarks on migrants - Jul 15, 2011
- Apex court gets plea for MNS's derecognition - Nov 10, 2009
Tags: diatribe, indian origin, indians, maharashtra, migrant population, mns, mumbai, New Delhi, panthers party, party activists, protest, raj thackeray, sachdeva, sanjay, sarcastic remark, state president, venom, violence against