Radcliffe injures foot, out of London MarathonMarch 7th, 2008 - 8:48 pm ICT by admin
London, March 7 (Xinhua) World record holder Paula Radcliffe is out of next month’s London Marathon due to a toe injury, organisers said Thursday. Radcliffe, who has won the race three times, injured a tendon while training in New Mexico.
“I am disappointed that I have to pull out of this year’s race,” Radcliffe said in a statement.
Radcliffe said the injury was minor and would not damage her chances in the Beijing Olympics in August.
The London race is scheduled on April 13 this year.
- Olympic marathon: World record holder Paula Radcliffe quits - Jul 30, 2012
- Liu Xiang leads China's medal charge in London - Jul 09, 2012
- Liu Xiang arrives in London, eying second Olympic gold medal - Jul 12, 2012
- Gymnast Teng pulls out of Olympics - Jul 26, 2012
- Kenya eyes seven golds at London Olympics - Jul 17, 2012
- Bolt to take part in Bislett Games in June - Jan 12, 2012
- China's Liu Xiang will be ready for Olympics: Coach - Jul 15, 2012
- Paula Radcliffe withdraws from world championships marathon - Aug 20, 2009
- Pregnant Brit marathoner claims she's running 14 miles a day - May 31, 2010
- Kenya's world marathon record holder eyes Olympic title - Sep 28, 2011
- Robles to train in Spain ahead of Olympics - Jun 26, 2012
- Olympic gymnastics champ Yibing suffers knee injury - Jul 15, 2012
- Seven month pregnant Radcliffe to run for charity - Jun 16, 2010
- Olympic champion Rice happy to focus on preparation - Jul 24, 2012
- Cuban hurdler Robles wants nothing but gold at London - Feb 09, 2012