“Radar-legged” Beckham playing ‘key role’ at Tottenham: RedknappFebruary 4th, 2011 - 6:20 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb 4(ANI): Tottenham Hotspur manager Harry Redknapp has said that David Beckham had played a key role in sparking Peter Crouch and the club back into life this week.
The Los Angeles Galaxy star has been training with Tottenham in recent weeks despite the London club failing to tie up a short-term loan deal.
Redknapp revealed that the 35-year-old’s superb delivery has been an example to his squad.
“That ball that Rafael van der Vaart hit for Crouchie’s goal at Blackburn this week - David hit about seven of them the other morning,” the Sun quoted Redknapp, as saying.
“It was like he had radar and Crouchie kept heading them in the goal. I kept saying ‘that’s what I have been asking you to do, lads’,” he added.
Redknapp further admitted that he would still love to see Beckham play for the club, as he has looked great in training.
“David goes back to Los Angeles on February 9, but I would love to have had him playing for us. He’s a top class bloke. He comes in, works hard every day and has been great around the place. He’s so slim and so fit and he’s a fanatical trainer,” Redknapp said.
“David works in the morning and the afternoon as well in the gym. He just loves playing football. He could be at home now, sitting around the pool. I’m sure he has a decent enough semi in Los Angeles, but he’s over here wanting to play football,” he added. (ANI)
- Tottenham's Redknapp to make bid for Beckham after November 2011 - Feb 04, 2011
- Beckham likely to join Tottenham Hotspur on three-month deal - Jan 02, 2011
- Beckham extends training stay at Tottenham Hotspur - Feb 09, 2011
- Becks thanks Tottenham pals with East End feast of pie and mash - Feb 22, 2011
- Tottenham Hotspur still has chances of signing Beckham: Redknapp - Jan 10, 2011
- 'Frustrated' Redkanpp all but gives up hope of signing Beckham for Tottenham stint - Jan 15, 2011
- Beckham finally returns to Los Angeles Galaxy training camp - Feb 25, 2011
- Rafael van der Vaart returns to Hamburg - Sep 01, 2012
- Redknapp wants to sign Beckham on three-month deal - Jan 01, 2011
- Beckham won't be playing against Man U - Jan 12, 2011
- Beckham branded a 'selfish pig' by Los Angeles Galaxy fan - Jan 03, 2011
- Bale may take on A C Milan in crunch game for Tottenham: Redknapp - Feb 14, 2011
- Villas-Boas appointed Tottenham manager - Jul 03, 2012
- Tottenham striker runs out of patience with Redknapp after life on bench - Feb 07, 2011
- 'Stupid' Crouch leaves Tottenham's Champions League dreams in tatters - Apr 06, 2011