Quick outfield will help run-scoring: DhoniJuly 16th, 2011 - 6:01 pm ICT by IANS
Taunton, July 16 (IANS) India captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni feels that the quick outfield of English grounds will help run-scoring in the forthcoming Test series starting Thursday with the first Test at Lord’s.
The Indian captain watched Somerset openers Andrew Strauss (78) and Arul Suppiah (145 not out) score quickly at the County Ground here despite strong showers. Somerset made 329/2 on the opening day Friday.
“The outfield will be 200 miles faster than what we got in the West Indies so that will be great help to score runs,” said Dhoni.
Dhoni also admitted that England are a good bowling side.
“Definitely they have the pace and the swing movement at the same time so they are the better bowling side. But I don’t want to compare this bowling attack with their previous bowling attacks,” he said.
“In the West Indies the wickets were slightly different. On those wicket it was a challenge for the batsman to consistently score runs. But here it would be a bit different because even if you get a bad delivery you can score runs off it. Overall it would feel it would be slightly different but the challenge will be the same,” he said.
Dhoni also stressed the importance of playing good cricket.
“Important to play some good cricket and enjoy the game,” he said.
- Pollard confirmed for Somerset's 2012 T20 campaign - Oct 16, 2011
- Van der Merwe stars in Somerset's win over Knight Riders - Sep 26, 2011
- Dhoni praises Ishant for 10-wicket haul - Jul 03, 2011
- Mumbai Indians to bat against Somerset - Oct 08, 2011
- CL T20 Scoreboard: Kolkata Knight Riders vs. Somerset - Sep 26, 2011
- Dhoni hails India's exceptional fielding - Feb 03, 2012
- India beat West Indies by 63 runs, lead series 1-0 - Jun 24, 2011
- Windies, Australia to size up in Beausejour after dramatic tie - Mar 23, 2012
- Good to see the bowlers hunting in a pack: Dhoni - Nov 17, 2011
- Yuvraj Player of the Tournament; Dhoni Man of the Match of World Cup final (Lead) - Apr 03, 2011
- India all out for 209 in first innings - Nov 07, 2011
- Bishoo dropped, in-form batsman Fudadin gets the nod - Apr 20, 2012
- India will have lot of ground to cover - Dec 01, 2011
- Ashwin puts India in sight of victory in Kotla Test - Nov 08, 2011
- U-19 World Cup: India lose to West Indies by 4 wickets - Aug 12, 2012
Tags: andrew strauss, arul, batsman, bowling, cricket, first test, forthcoming test, indian captain, mahendra singh dhoni, opening day, outfield, pace, showers, somerset, swing movement, taunton, test series, west indies, wicket, wickets