Qatari firm to put its name on Jeev’s golf bagJuly 3rd, 2008 - 3:00 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 3 (IANS) Ace Indian golfer Jeev Milkha Singh has been snapped up by yet another sponsor with the Qatar-based Panceltica taking over the naming rights of the golfer’s bag. Jeev, whose colourful golf bags have often been a subject of discussion, will now sport his sponsor, Panceltica’s name on the eye-catching blue and white bag.
“It is always good to get a sponsor like Panceltica and soon after signing up with them I got some great results, including a top-10 at Wales, a win at Austria and a good finish in French Open. Hopefully I can carry on the same in European and Scottish Open,” said Jeev in a statement Thursday.
This week Jeev starts his final campaign to earn a berth in the British Open. He plays in the European Open this week and the Scottish Open next week. A top-5 finish in either will see him tee up at Royal Birkdale from July 17.
Panceltica has also signed up another Indian golfer, S.S.P. Chowrasia, and cricketer Robin Uthappa.
While Jeev and Chowrasia are two of India’s leading golfers and regulars on the European and Asian Tour golf tours, cricketer Uthappa was a member of the India’s Twenty20 World Championship winning team.
- Injury hampers Chowrasia's chances at Avantha Masters (Lead) - Feb 15, 2012
- Indian golfers dominate Order of Merit ahead of Malaysian Open - Apr 13, 2011
- Jeev, Kapur to help set up ISM academies in India - Feb 17, 2011
- Himmat Rai ready for the big test at Hero Indian Open - Oct 04, 2011
- Gurgaon down Noida in Louis Philippe Cup - Mar 09, 2012
- Indians start as strong challengers in Avantha Masters - Feb 17, 2011
- Italy's Ryder Cup star Molinari top draw at Indian Open - Sep 21, 2011
- Jeev shoots 67, finishes seventh in Hong Kong - Nov 21, 2010
- Top golfers set for tee-off in Bangalore - Mar 05, 2012
- Chowrasia aiming for Indian Open, Merit crown - Oct 07, 2011
- Jeev Milkha Singh to play in Macau Open - Sep 10, 2011
- Chowrasia maintains lead on Asian Tour Order of Merit - Sep 05, 2011
- Chowrasia completes an Indian party at Avantha Masters golf - Feb 20, 2011
- Indians start as strong challengers in Avantha Masters - Feb 16, 2011
- Chowrasia to lead Indian Challenge in Barclays Singapore Open - Nov 05, 2011
Tags: asian tour, berth, british open, cricketer, french open, golf bag, golf bags, golf tours, golfers, jeev milkha singh, july 17, New Delhi, panceltica, regulars, robin uthappa, royal birkdale, scottish open, tour golf, twenty20 world championship, winning team