Punjab and Sind Bank beat Namdhari XI in Nehru hockeyNovember 22nd, 2011 - 6:48 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 22 (IANS) Punjab and Sind Bank defeated Namdhari XI 3-2 while Punjab National Bank (PNB) held Central Railway 2-2 in the ONGC Nehru senior men’s hockey tournament here Tuesday.
Namdhari XI opened the scoring with Harpreet Singh converting a penalty corner in the 15th minute. Bikramjit Singh levelled through short corner five minutes later.
Punjab and Sind Bank then went ahead with Jasjit Singh’s strike in 32nd minute but the lead was shortlived as two minutes later Gurmeet Singh of Namdhari XI equalised.
Harbir Singh scored the winner in the 45th minute through a penalty corner.
In the other match of the day, Deepak Lakra put Central Railway ahead in the 12th minute. Ranjit Singh levelled a minute into the second half, but Lakra again scored in the 57th minute.
A penalty stroke, four minutes before the final, hooter helped PNB XI draw level, with Arjun scoring the goal.
- ONGC through to Murugappa hockey semifinals - Jul 19, 2010
- ONGC beat Punjab National Bank in Nehru hockey final - Nov 25, 2011
- Murugappa Gold Cup hockey: Army, IOCL bag full points - Jul 16, 2010
- PNB XI to clash with ONGC in Nehru hockey final - Nov 24, 2011
- Muruguppa Gold Cup: Full points for Hockey India juniors, PNB - Jul 17, 2010
- WSH: Punjab enter semi-finals - Mar 25, 2012
- ONGC beat Air India to win Lal Bahadur Shastri hockey - Dec 03, 2011
- MCC-Murugappa Hockey: Army XI draw with ONGC - Sep 11, 2012
- ONGC storm into semis - Sep 12, 2012
- Hockey: Karnataka play Punjab, Jharkhand face Harayana in semis (Roundup) - Jun 17, 2011
- Punjab win Junior National Hockey Championship - Sep 09, 2012
- Nobbs happy with India's 4-0 win over South Africa - Jan 17, 2012
- PNB, Railways enter Murugappa Gold Cup hockey semis - Jul 22, 2010
- WSH: Karnataka Lions shock Punjab - Mar 24, 2012
- IOCL, ONGC in Murugappa final - Jul 24, 2010
Tags: arjun, central railway, deepak, five minutes, four minutes, harbir singh, harpreet singh, hockey tournament, hooter, jasjit singh, match of the day, nehru hockey, New Delhi, ongc, penalty stroke, punjab and sind bank, punjab national bank, punjab national bank pnb, senior men, two minutes