Pujara to lead India A for Caribbean tourApril 27th, 2012 - 7:20 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, April 27 (IANS) Cheteshwar Pujara will lead the India A contingent on a tour of the Caribbean in June when the West Indies A will host them to three four-day matches, three one-day matches and two Twenty20s on the tour, which begins in Barbados June 2.
The All-India Senior Selection Committee, which met at the Cricket Centre here Friday, named Bengal keeper Wriddhiman Saha as Pujara’s deputy on the tour.
The India A team constitutes a number of players who have represented India at the highest level.
Mumbai batsman Rohit Sharma will look to do well in the Caribbean and stake claim to a place in the Indian senior squad.
Rudra Pratap Singh, who was surprisingly recalled to the Indian Test squad in England where the Indians suffered a crushing 0-4 series defeat, has also been included in the 15-member squad.
Ajinkya Rahane, the current top run-getter in the fifth edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL), will be looking to prove a point to the Indian selectors.
Manoj Tiwary, Ashok Dinda, Rahul Sharma and R.P. Singh also feature in the squad named by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI).
India A squad:
Cheteshwar Pujara (captain), Wriddhiman Saha (vice-captain), Abhinav Mukund, Shikhar Dhawan, Ajinkya Rahane, Rohit Sharma, Manoj Tiwary, Rahul Sharma, Ashok Dinda, Jalaj Saxena, Rudra Pratap Singh, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Robin Bisht, Akshay Darekar, Sami Ahmed.
- West Indies discards playing for recall - Jun 02, 2012
- Pujara's 50 fails to stop West Indies from taking lead - Jun 11, 2012
- West Indies A 127/2 at lunch on second day - Jun 18, 2012
- Tiwari and Saha keep India afloat in third Test - Jun 19, 2012
- Put in, India A barely manage 230 in third 'Test' (Lead) - Jun 17, 2012
- India tottering at 57/4 chasing 220-run target - Jun 12, 2012
- India A 30/3 in second knock after conceding 106-run lead - Jun 19, 2012
- Powell's century leaves India A in a tight spot - Jun 18, 2012
- Scoreboard: West Indies A vs India A - Jun 04, 2012
- Carter's fiver overshadows Rohit Sharma's 94 but India A take lead - Jun 04, 2012
- Tendulkar opts out of Sri Lanka tour - Jul 04, 2012
- India A struggling at 77 for six - Jun 06, 2012
- Harmeet Singh named in Rest of India squad (Lead) - Sep 10, 2012
- Harmeet Singh picked up for Irani Cup - Sep 10, 2012
- Harbhajan left out of Australia squad - Nov 26, 2011
Tags: akshay, ashok, bcci india, bisht, caribbean tour, cricket centre, dinda, india bcci, indian test, manoj tiwary, member squad, r p singh, rahul sharma, rohit sharma, rudra pratap singh, saxena, shikhar dhawan, stake claim, test squad, vice captain