Public workers Beijing trip to cost taxpayers PS7m!August 8th, 2008 - 6:55 pm ICT by ANI
London , Aug 8 (ANI): Taxpayers will splash a whopping seven million pounds to send around 600 public workers to Beijing for Olympics.
The public workers include politicians, press officers, policemen, and BBC staff, who are heading to China for an Olympics junket.
While Gordon Brown is taking 20 aides, that costs 114,000 pounds, a whole bunch of ministers and officials are also going.
London Mayor Boris Johnson is taking 13 staff for 167,000 pounds, and the BBC is sending a team of 437 to cover the events.
As this totals up to a bill of around 3million pounds, it is believed that Met Polices fact-finding trip for London 2012 will cost around 240,000 pounds.
Besides, the London Development Agency has already dished out 3million pounds for hiring a private members club in Beijing . (ANI)
- Orbit tower unveiled in London's Olympic park - May 12, 2012
- London Olympics motto 'Inspire a generation' unveiled - Apr 18, 2012
- Proposal to give Bin Lorry workers iPads criticized - Aug 30, 2011
- BBC bought iPads, iPhones not approved for staff - Mar 31, 2011
- Pope's September 2010 UK state visit cost taxpayers seven million pounds - Feb 17, 2011
- Coe promises 'safe and secure' Games - Jul 21, 2012
- Chinese telecom giant offers to install free mobile phone network on London Tube - Feb 21, 2011
- London Olympic Village sold for 557 mn - Aug 14, 2011
- Britain's town hall chiefs earn more than PM - Feb 14, 2011
- BBC spends millions on TV licence threat letters - Mar 05, 2012
- Beijing has over 5 mn car owners - Feb 17, 2012
- BBC spends 2,000 pounds a year on biscuits - Mar 27, 2011
- "Massages and pleasure trips" typified Brown govt MP's "Culture of excess" - Aug 13, 2010
- Beijing to curb cars in city through number plates - Dec 23, 2010
- 13,500 troops to be deployed for London Olympics - Dec 16, 2011