PTF demands compensation as Pakistan-Oman Davis cup tie shiftedJanuary 2nd, 2009 - 6:36 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, Jan.2 (ANI): Angered over the shifting of the Davis Cup tie between Pakistan and Oman to Oman, the Pakistan Tennis Federation (PTF) has demanded a compensation of 60, 00,000 dollars from the International Tennis Federation (ITF).
The PTF has lodged a strong protest with the International Tennis Federation (ITF) over the shifting and demanded that the matches should be played at any neutral venue.
We would like to play this tie either in Malaysia or Singapore to protest its shifting from Pakistan to Oman, the Daily Times quoted PTF president Syed Dialwar Abbas, as saying.
There was no issue of security in Pakistan and the PTF had successfully organised eight international tournaments in 2008,Abbas added.
Commenting on the cancellation of India-Pakistan tennis competitions, Abbas said that it has nothing to do with the strained relations between both countries and the tennis federations of countries would soon finalise the plans of their mutual series in Pakistan.
Sports in Pakistan has been hit hard in recent times. Deteriorating security condition in the country has forced the organisers to either cancel the event or shift it to any other country. (ANI)
- Pakistan to demand compensation from ITF - Mar 16, 2010
- Lebanon agrees to play Davis Cup tie in Pakistan - Sep 24, 2011
- ITF shifts Davis Cup from Pakistan to Hong Kong over security concerns - Dec 23, 2010
- ITF refuses Davis Cup tie in Pakistan - Dec 22, 2010
- Pakistan again loses the right to host Davis Cup tie - Dec 11, 2009
- ITF rejects Pakistan's plea for neutral Davis Cup venue - Mar 28, 2009
- Now, Pak's Davis Cup tie against Hong Kong shifted from Lahore over security fears - Dec 12, 2009
- Pakistan questions Philippines' security after Davis Cup switch - Mar 18, 2009
- US-based coach to train Pakistan's Davis Cup team - Apr 10, 2011
- Pak opposes New Zealand's request to shift Davis cup matches to neutral venues - Mar 09, 2010
- Pakistan to resist shifting of Davis Cup tie to Manila - Mar 13, 2009
- Fate of Pakistan Davis Cup tie to be decided later this month - Mar 20, 2009
- Pakistan admits 'state of war', cancels junior tennis meets - Oct 22, 2009
- Pakistan Tennis Federation to host tournament in war-torn Waziristan - Apr 26, 2011
- Pak tennis players being denied Kiwi visas for July Davis Cup tie - Jun 29, 2010
Tags: abbas, cancellation, davis cup, davis cup tie, india pakistan, international tennis federation, itf, neutral venue, oman, organisers, pakistan sports, protest, ptf, singapore, strained relations, tennis competitions