PSV eliminate holders FC Twente in Dutch CupDecember 23rd, 2011 - 4:44 pm ICT by IANS
The Hague, Dec 22 (IANS) Holders FC Twente were ousted by PSV Eindhoven 2-1 from the last 16 of the Dutch Cup in Enschede.
After 90 minutes the score was still 0-0 and in extra time Tim Matavz gave PSV the lead, but Twente equalized through a penalty by substitute Marc Janko.
Five minutes from the end of extra time Matavz scored his second goal and handed his team a quarterfinal berth here Thursday.
Elsewhere, Vitesse Arnhem beat second division side FC Eindhoven 2-1 in Eindhoven. After Marco van Ginkel had opened the scoring for Vitesse, Sjors Paridaans made it 1-1 from a free kick. In injury time, Stanley Aborah scored the match winner, Xinhua reported.
- Ajax title party delayed despite win over FC Twente - Apr 30, 2012
- Feyenoord secure a Champions League prelim's ticket - May 07, 2012
- Ajax close in on Dutch title - Apr 23, 2012
- Ajax move closer to Dutch title - Apr 16, 2012
- Twente crush PSV as AZ move back on top in Dutch football - Mar 05, 2012
- PSV, AZ through to semi-finals in Dutch Cup - Feb 03, 2012
- Dutch title race wide open after defeats of PSV and AZ - Feb 20, 2012
- PSV extend lead after win over Feyenoord - Feb 27, 2012
- Pieters to miss Euro 2012 due to foot injury - May 08, 2012
- Dutch league match suspended due to dense fog - Nov 21, 2011
- PSV fire coach Rutten - Mar 13, 2012
- Coach Rutten to leave PSV at end of season - Dec 31, 2011
- Monchengladbach signs De Jong from Twente - Jul 18, 2012
- Dutch have no worries upfront, but defence vulnerable - Jun 02, 2012
- Europa League: Manchester United edge out Ajax, Valencia beat Stoke - Feb 24, 2012