Proteas problems with KP, a thing of the past, says SmithJune 11th, 2009 - 1:43 pm ICT by ANI
London, June 11 (ANI): South African cricket captain Graeme Smith has said that his team’s problems with England star Kevin Pietersen are a thing of the past, and there isn’t any animosity anymore.
The Proteas ace has publicly slated KP in the past and the South African-born ace called Smith an “absolute muppet” in his autobiography.
“I don’t think there is animosity there. There will always be competitiveness between players - he is a world-class batter. There’s no doubt he will be up for the game and we will tactically look at a few things. South African teams have come a long way in terms of the way we play our game. We control our emotions very well now,” The Sun quoted Smith, as saying.”We are tactically astute and calm under pressure and would rather look at executing good skills than get into scrambles that don’t really need to be there,” he added.Last summer’s 4-0 series defeat to a Pietersen-led England is a rare recent blot on Smith’s captaincy CV.
Smith is keen to get revenge but wants his team to respect England and rise to the challenge.
“The side has a great balance between experience and youth now. The talent is there, it is just about harnessing it now. We are really enjoying our cricket and that is how we have been for the last year and a half,” he said. (ANI)
- CSA to release Botha from central contracts - Mar 31, 2012
- Pietseren's jab at South African-born cricketers in England team - Jul 17, 2011
- Pietersen to feature in World T20 as commentator - Aug 24, 2012
- Graeme Smith recovering well from ankle surgery - Apr 26, 2012
- Pietersen to ECB: Let me play full IPL or else... - Aug 08, 2012
- Coach Arthur says Trott fit only for Proteas' Second XI, England - Aug 18, 2009
- Coach Flower rejects Warne's Pietersen is a outcast claim - Nov 22, 2010
- Border's "cheeky Empire XI" dig at England's overseas players - Nov 17, 2010
- Kevin Pietersen says he is hungry for runs - May 25, 2011
- South Afroca have to galvanise themselves as a team: Ntini - May 11, 2012
- South Africa refuse Bangladesh's offer for cricket series - Apr 26, 2012
- Kevin Pietersen retires from ODIs and T20s - May 31, 2012
- South Africa will not be bogged down by latest World Cup debacle: Smith - Mar 26, 2011
- Smith set for a last hurrah at World Cup - Feb 10, 2011
- Collignwood relaxed over rising number of South African-born cricketers in team - Feb 19, 2010
Tags: ace, animosity, autobiography, calm under pressure, competitiveness, cricket captain, cv, emotions, england star, game, graeme smith, kevin pietersen, london, muppet, no doubt, revenge, south african cricket, south african teams, sun