Proteas keeper Boucher to replace hurt Haddin in KKR squadMay 1st, 2011 - 12:07 pm ICT by ANI
Sydney, May 1 (ANI): Australian wicketkeeper Brad Haddin has left the Indian Premier League (IPL) franchisee Kolkata Knightriders (KKR) after fracturing his finger.
Haddin has been carrying the injury since the one-day tour of Bangladesh, and will now return to Australia to recuperate, The Age reports.
Veteran South African wicketkeeper Mark Boucher will be his replacement.
The wicketkeeper’s management last night reported that the injury was not thought to be serious, and in any case he has almost three months to recover before Australia’s next series, in Sri Lanka.
But he joins a significant crew of Australian players recovering from injuries during the off-season.
Steven Smith is yet to resume full training after ankle surgery, fellow all-rounder John Hastings came home from the IPL for shoulder treatment, and off-spinner Nathan Hauritz is on the mend after a major operation on his shoulder, which he dislocated at the end of the Australian summer.
Haddin played only one game for Kolkata in the IPL. (ANI)
- Seven Australian cricketers including Ponting on road to recovery - May 26, 2011
- Boucher replaces Haddin in KKR's squad - May 01, 2011
- Haddin ruled out of IPL due to fractured finger - Apr 30, 2011
- Injured Haddin ruled out of IPL - Apr 29, 2011
- Hastings in Australia's World Cup squad, Siddle dropped - Jan 18, 2011
- Injured Hussey, Hauritz out of Australia's World Cup squad - Feb 08, 2011
- Injured Hussey, Hauritz ruled out of Oz World Cup squad - Feb 08, 2011
- Hauritz to undergo surgery on dislocated shoulder - Jan 23, 2011
- Australia still a force to reckon with in ODIs (Team Profile, World Cup Countdown) - Feb 07, 2011
- Hauritz doubtful for England series, World Cup - Jan 22, 2011
- Hauritz to undergo surgery, can still be fit for World Cup - Jan 23, 2011
- Ponting, Watson, replace Warner, Ferguson for ODI series against Sri Lanka - Oct 26, 2010
- Australians can make up for exit of Sri Lankan players - Apr 13, 2011
- Doherty to replace injured Hauritz for next two ODIs against England - Jan 22, 2011
- Chennai pick four foreign players, KKR two - Apr 08, 2011
Tags: ankle surgery, australia, bangladesh, fellow, franchisee, game, ipl, john hastings, kkr, knightriders, mark boucher, may 1, nathan hauritz, premier league, rounder, sri lanka, steven smith, sydney, three months