Proteas fined for slow over-rate in T20I in MelbourneJanuary 13th, 2009 - 5:20 pm ICT by ANI
Dubai, Jan.13 (ANI): The South Africa team was fined for maintaining a slow over-rate during its 52-run defeat against Australia in the first Twenty20 International (T20I) in Melbourne on January 11.
Ranjan Madugalle of the Emirates Elite Panel of ICC Match Referees imposed the fines after Johan Bothas side was ruled to be one over short of its target when time allowances were taken into consideration, an ICC statement to the press said.
In accordance with the ICC Code of Conduct regulations governing over-rate penalties, players are fined five per cent of their match fees for every over their side fails to bowl in the allotted time, with the captain fined double that amount.
As such, Botha was fined 10 per cent of his match fee while his players received five-per-cent fines.
The offence is contrary to Section J of the ICC Code of Conduct which relates to slow over-rates. For such offences, the decision of the ICC match referee is final and binding. (ANI)
- South Africa fined again for slow over-rate in T20I in Brisbane - Jan 14, 2009
- India fined for slow over-rate in second Test - Jul 03, 2011
- Australia fined for slow over-rate in Mohali ODI - Nov 03, 2009
- Pakistan fined for slow over-rate in Galle Test - Jul 07, 2009
- Bresnan reprimanded for breaching ICC Code of Conduct - Feb 28, 2011
- Pakistan fined for slow over rate against Sri Lanka - Feb 27, 2011
- Sri Lanka fined for slow over-rate in fifth ODI - Aug 05, 2012
- Tim Bresnan reprimanded, Strauss fined for slow over-rate against India - Feb 28, 2011
- India fined for slow over-rate in Cape Town Test - Jan 06, 2011
- India fined for slow over rate - Aug 29, 2010
- Australia fined for slow over-rate in Champions Trophy semi-final - Oct 04, 2009
- England fined for slow over-rate in Lord's Test - Jul 22, 2009
- West Indies fined for slow over-rate in Barbados - May 11, 2010
- Dhoni, Indian team fined for slow over-rate - Jul 22, 2012
- England fined for slow over-rate in Johannesburg Test - Jan 18, 2010