Probe ordered into Kerala cricket body corruption chargesNovember 10th, 2008 - 8:39 pm ICT by IANS
Trissur (Kerala), Nov 10 (IANS) A vigilance court here Monday ordered a vigilance probe into the running of the Kerala Cricket Association (KCA) after a cricket enthusiast approached the court highlighting several incidents of corruption.Balaji Iyengar and two others sent copies of the alleged financial manipulation in the KCA to Chief Minister V.S. Achuthanandan, the Central Bureau of Investigation and other agencies who look into corruption.
Iyengar, a chartered accountant by profession, recently formed the Kerala Cricketers Forum (KCF), a group of former cricketers from Kerala and cricket lovers, and demanded that the authorities should immediately intervene and set right the affairs of the KCA.
Iyengar told IANS: “This is just the tip of the iceberg. We have listed out 46 different issues where the KCA has bungled.”
“We are sure a lot of unsavoury things will tumble out in the way the present set of office bearers have been running the affairs of KCA,” said Iyengar, a former junior state player.
One of the major discrepancies the KCF has mentioned is that the chartered accountant who did the auditing for the financial year ended March 31, 2007, asked the executive committee of the KCA to file a report with the police with a request to conduct an inquiry into the corruption.
T.C. Mathew, secretary KCA, was not available for comments despite several attempts to reach him.
Mathew and former secretary of the Board of Control for Cricket in India S.K. Nair have been having a running feud for quite some time, and trouble has been brewing in the KCA for long.
- Corruption case filed against Kerala cricket body - Jan 02, 2009
- Probe against Kerala Cricket Association officials - Sep 06, 2011
- Vigilance team raids Kerala Cricket Association office - Jan 05, 2009
- Probe against former CPI-M minister, 17 others - Jul 07, 2011
- Kerala Cricket Association asks Sreesanth to behave - Jul 25, 2010
- Jairam Ramesh denies clearance for Kochi cricket stadium - Jun 13, 2011
- Kochi IPL set to finalise name, coach - Sep 27, 2010
- Kochi IPL needs to register under as company in 15 days - Oct 02, 2010
- Kochi IPL owner says no show cause notice received from BCCI - Oct 07, 2010
- Blame game starts over abandoned Kochi ODI - Oct 17, 2010
- Kochi owners yet to take final call on Geoff Lawson as coach - Dec 26, 2010
- Kochi fans want home boy Sreesanth in IPL team - Jan 07, 2011
- Kerala Cricket Association to meet Kochi IPL owners on Oct.7 to resolve issues - Oct 04, 2010
- Controversies done, Kochi set for maiden IPL match - Mar 31, 2011
- Kochi IPL will make it: Kerala Cricket Association - Oct 10, 2010