Presidents, leaders, stars, industrialists at WankhedeApril 2nd, 2011 - 7:44 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, April 2 (IANS) The Presidents of India and Sri Lanka, Pratibha Patil and Mahinda Rajapakse respectively, Maharashtra Governor K. Sankaranarayanan and Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan were among the prominent personalities who enjoyed the World Cup finals between India and Sri Lanka here Saturday.
Also present were union ministers Vilasrao Deshmukh, Farooq Abdullah and Kapil Sibal, Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar, Home Minister R.R. Patil and other cabinet ministers.
Addding a touch of glamour to the stands were top film stars including Rajnikanth, Vinod Khanna, Aamir Khan and his wife Kiran Rao, Preity Zinta, Saif Ali Khan, Soha Ali Khan and Rahul Bose, former actress Sangita Bijlani and several Marathi film stars and television artists.
Also seen was Cricket Association of Bengal chief Jagmohan Dalmiya.
Leading industrialists like Mukesh Ambani along with his wife Nita, Gautam Singhania and P.K. Munjal were seen cheering the Indian team.
Bharatiya Janata Party president Nitin Gadkari, senior party leaders L.K. Advani and Arun Jaitley and Shiv Sena executive president Uddhav Thackeray also witnessed the match in the stadium.
Tight multi-agency security had been maintained throughout south Mumbai from the ground, air and sea.
- Narasimhan, Sankaranarayanan reappointed Andhra, Maharashtra governors - Apr 28, 2012
- President to meet, congratulate Indian cricket team - Apr 03, 2011
- Sankaranarayanan to be sworn-in for second term as Maharashtra governor - May 05, 2012
- President felicitates Team India in Mumbai - Apr 03, 2011
- Curbs imposed on movement of two ex-judges opposing n-plant - Mar 06, 2011
- Maharashtra lawmakers fume over not getting World Cup tickets - Apr 01, 2011
- Sankaranarayanan sworn in as Maharashtra governor for second term - May 07, 2012
- Maharashtra opposition members meet governor - Aug 12, 2011
- Sharad Pawar takes over as ICC president (Lead) - Jul 01, 2010
- CAB trying to rope in Kapil as bowling consultant - Jul 28, 2012
- Sharad Pawar takes over as ICC chief - Jul 01, 2010
- Dismissed Belgaum council members seek Thackeray's support - Jul 08, 2012
- Raj Thackeray promises post-Diwali 'fireworks' for Nirupam - Oct 29, 2011
- Maharashtra governor recovering from arterial surgery - Jan 12, 2012
- PM, Sonia pay last respects to Deshmukh - Aug 15, 2012
Tags: ajit pawar, arun jaitley, cricket association of bengal, deputy chief minister, farooq abdullah, gautam singhania, kapil sibal, l k advani, mahinda rajapakse, pratibha patil, preity zinta, preity zinta saif ali khan, presidents of india, rahul bose, saif ali khan, shiv sena, soha ali khan, south mumbai, vilasrao deshmukh, world cup finals