President to flag off Amrawati-Mumbai express train todaySeptember 7th, 2008 - 7:25 pm ICT by ANI
Vidarbha (Maharashtra), Sept 7 (ANI): President Pratibha Patil would flag off Amrawati-Mumbai express train today on the second day of her visit to Vidarbha District in Maharashtra .
The President would also lay foundation stone of the new building of Amarawati railway station.
Union Railway Minister Laloo Prasad Yadav would also be present on this occasion.
President Patil would come back to Nagpur and return to New Delhi by a special plane.
Patil had visited Amravati in October last year - three months after becoming India s first woman president and had accepted a reception by the municipal corporation of which her husband Devisingh Shekhawat was the first Mayor. (ANI)
- President Patil to flag off train in Maharashtra town - Sep 05, 2008
- President's son quizzed over Rs.1 crore seizure - Feb 21, 2012
- 'Communication gap' led to Rs.1 cr seizure, says Patil's son (Lead) - Feb 21, 2012
- Pratibha Patil to undertake a two-day visit to Vidarbha from today - Sep 06, 2008
- Patil disappointed us, says Vidarbha farm widow - Jul 23, 2012
- Maharashtra poll: Congress fields president's son Rajendra Shekhawat - Sep 23, 2009
- Sunil Deshmukh faces disciplinary action if he opposes Prez Patil's son - Sep 24, 2009
- President lays stone for model railway station in hometown - Sep 07, 2008
- On a resurrected mill rests Vidarbha's hopes of revival - Sep 06, 2008
- Maha polls: President's son Raosaheb gets ticket from Amravati - Sep 22, 2009
- Poor farmer scores legal victory over president's kin (Lead) - Feb 10, 2010
- Cotton farmers' stir continues in Maharashtra - Nov 17, 2011
- Ascetics highlight Yamuna pollution to president - Mar 08, 2011
- Mumbai-Delhi march for love of national flag - Apr 12, 2012
- President felicitates Team India in Mumbai - Apr 03, 2011