President prays at Vaishnodevi shrineMay 27th, 2008 - 4:46 pm ICT by admin
Srinagar, May 27 (ANI): President Pratibha Patil paid a visit to the holy cave shrine of Mata Vaishnodevi in the Trikuta hills during the last leg of her five-day visit to Jammu and Kashmir on Tuesday.
Accompanied by Jammu and Kashmir Governor Lt Gen (retired) S K Sinha, she flew to the Sanjichat helipad in the Katra belt from Jammu and offered prayers at the shrine.
“It was a call of Mata that is why I am here with my family. Without the goddesss call, no one can reach her,” said Patil, who was accompanied by husband Devi Singh Shekhawat, her daughter, son, son-in-law and grand children.
They performed a special ‘aarti’ and performed prayers at the shrine, sources said.
She arrived amidst tight security in and around the shrine, with army, CRPF and State Police personnel being deployed in Reasi District.
The President will visit Shimla from Jammu, concluding her five day visit to the state which started on 23rd May.
Earlier, on Monday evening, speaking in the second convocation of Sher-I-Kashmir University of Agriculture Science and Technology, Patil praised citizens of Jammu for their approach of accommodation and pluralism.
“The people of this city are the inheritors of this remarkable tradition of living together in peace and harmony and it is a matter of pride that this heritage has been kept alive”, she said.(ANI)
- Vaishno Devi shrine has record 10 million pilgrims - Dec 28, 2011
- President visits Vaishno Devi shrine, ends Kashmir visit - Nov 26, 2011
- President arriving in Jammu - Nov 24, 2011
- Vaishno Devi pilgrimage suspended due to forest fire - Jun 23, 2012
- Over five million pilgrims visit Vaishno Devi till June - Jul 04, 2012
- Record 10 million pilgrims visit Vaishno Devi shrine (Lead) - Dec 29, 2011
- Heavy rush of pilgrims to Vaishno Devi shrine - May 15, 2012
- President to visit Kashmir - Nov 05, 2011
- Record pilgrims visit Vaishno Devi - Dec 25, 2011
- President begins Jammu visit (Lead) - Nov 24, 2011
- Now, ropeway for pilgrims to Vaishno Devi shrine - Sep 23, 2011
- Chidambaram in Jammu, visits Vaishno Devi - Apr 10, 2012
- Vaishno Devi pilgrimage resumes after forest fire (Lead) - Jun 23, 2012
- Five killed in Jammu bus accident - Jun 09, 2012
- Court suspends mining near Vaishno Devi hills - Mar 21, 2012
Tags: aarti, agriculture science, convocation, crpf, goddesss, helipad, holy cave, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, matter of pride, peace and harmony, pluralism, president pratibha patil, remarkable tradition, science and technology, sher, srinagar, state police, tight security, vaishnodevi