Premier League title run up still a difficult path: ZhirkovApril 6th, 2010 - 1:43 pm ICT by ANI
London, Apr 6 (ANI): Chelsea ace player Yuri Zhirkov, who can play as either a winger or a fullback, has warned his teammates that Premier League title run up is still a difficult path.
The Russian was “elated” after Saturday’s 2-1 victory at Manchester United put them two points clear at the top with just five games left.
“Everything now depends on us. This is an important victory, but we shouldn’t be under any illusions,” Zhirkov said.
“It is far too early to become deluded. The champion’s race continues. We have some hard games ahead - particularly those against Liverpool and Tottenham. We are determined to win our remaining games,” The Sun quoted him, as saying.
Zhirkov, 26, also hit out at United star Valencia, claiming the referee missed his tricks at Old Trafford.
“He’s a strong player, without doubt, but all too often he plays with his hands,” Zhirkov said.
“He constantly grabbed me, pushed me, particularly when taking the ball back towards goal. The referee, unfortunately, didn’t always stop his antics.” (ANI)
- Terry's last-gasp block helps Chelsea to draw with Spurs - Dec 23, 2011
- Anzhi stars upset at UEFA stadium ban: Boussoufa - Jul 12, 2012
- Adebayor, Terry call for goal-line technology - Apr 16, 2012
- Vidic wants to bury Torres hoodoo - Feb 28, 2011
- England announce 23-man squad for Euro Championship - May 16, 2012
- Manchester United stay in hunt as Chelsea suffer setback - Dec 27, 2011
- Defender Cole out for season - Feb 12, 2010
- Next three weeks crucial for Manchester United's bid for a second Treble - Feb 23, 2011
- Capello leaves out Rio, Crouch from England squad - Aug 29, 2011
- Tottenham beat Norwich to close in on the top two - Dec 28, 2011
- Chelsea must win every game left to retain Premier League title: Lampard - Feb 13, 2011
- Carroll may start against France in Euro 2012 - May 30, 2012
- Russia beat Czech Republic 4-1 in Euro 2012 - Jun 09, 2012
- United, Chelsea maintain pace as Arsenal stumble - Mar 28, 2010
- Rooney kept out of England squad for Spain, Sweden friendlies - Nov 07, 2011
Tags: ace player, antics, champion, doubt, five games, fullback, hard games, illusions, liverpool, london, manchester united, old trafford, premier league, referee, remaining games, sun, teammates, victory, winger, yuri