Premier League approves Liverpool 300 million pound-takeover bidOctober 9th, 2010 - 12:58 pm ICT by ANI
London, Oct 9(ANI): The English Premier League has approved the 300 million pound takeover of Liverpool by US-based New England Sports Ventures (NESV).
The Premier League however made it clear that NESV still needs to prove that it has the funds available.
“The Premier League is satisfied, with the information provided, that the individuals NESV intend to put in place in the event they complete their takeover of Liverpool FC meet the criteria set out in our owners’ and directors’ test,” The Sydney Morning Herald quoted a statement, as saying.
“The board of the Premier League will continue working with Liverpool FC in regard to this process. However, we are aware that the formal completion of this takeover is yet to be resolved and it is therefore inappropriate for us to offer any further comment at this time,” it added.
The news comes after it emerged that Liverpool could be given a nine-point deduction by the Premier League due to the row over the club’s ownership.
Meanwhile, it is also believed that current bosses Tom Hicks and George Gillett are determined to block the takeover bid.
The Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) would be able to put parent company Kop Holdings into administration if Hicks and Gillett fail to pay off their 280 million pound debt before October 15. (ANI)
- Liverpool owners block sale by US court's temporary restraining order - Oct 14, 2010
- Mukesh Ambani, Sahara Group chief Roy reportedly bidding for Liverpool FC - Feb 09, 2010
- Hong Kong businessman pulls out of Liverpool takeover race - Aug 21, 2010
- Ambani, Subrata Roy to compete with Chinese Govt. to buy Liverpool - Aug 05, 2010
- Liverpool take over battle gets murkier with arrival of mystery bidder - Oct 06, 2010
- Liverpool fans reveal new proposals to oust club's American owners - Jul 24, 2009
- Liverpool's American owners accept selling club now 'inevitable' - Oct 13, 2010
- 'Benitez-built weak and short on talent Liverpool squad' - Apr 06, 2011
- Liverpool chiefs assure fans they won't let club fall into wrong hands - Aug 14, 2010
- Doubts over Sahara buying debt-ridden Liverpool - Feb 10, 2010
- Benitez assures Liverpool owner of winning honours through tranquility, confidence - Oct 10, 2009
- Liverpool ask Dalglish to look for Benitez's successor - Jun 04, 2010
- Aston Villa's O'Neill favourite to replace Benitez - Nov 08, 2009
- Kuwaiti tycoons to take over Liverpool soon - Apr 05, 2009
- Boston Red Sox Set To Acquire LiverPool - Oct 06, 2010
Tags: bank of scotland, english premier league, george gillett, liverpool fc, london, morning herald, new england, new england sports, parent company, rbs, regard, royal bank of scotland, sydney morning herald, takeover bid, tom hicks