Praveen Kumar ruled out of Australia seriesNovember 29th, 2011 - 6:05 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Nov 29 (IANS) India’s medium pacer Praveen Kumar was ruled out of the on-going One-Day International series against the West Indies and also from the forthcoming Test series in Australia from next month.
Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) secretary Sanjay Jagdale said that Praveen, who was already ruled out of the first three ODIs against the West Indies with a blunt chest trauma, underwent a scan Monday evening, and Tuesday reports said that he has a fractured rib.
“He is expected to recover in 5-6 weeks, and has, therefore, been ruled out of the ODI series against the West Indies as well as the Test series in Australia that follows. His replacement for the Australia tour will be named on December 5, when the selectors meet in Ahmedabad to pick the Indian team for the last two ODIs against the West Indies,” Jaagdale said.
Karnataka medium pacer Abhimanyu Mithun was announced as a replacement for Praveen for the first three ODIs against the West Indies.
The 25-year-old Praveen has been suffering from a recurring elbow problem that kept him out of India’s successful World Cup campaign at home earlier this year. He bowled well during the Test series in England but an ankle injury forced him to miss the fourth Test at the Oval.
- Zaheer, Sreesanth ruled out for WI Test series - Jun 10, 2011
- Mithun replaces Praveen in Test squad for Australia tour - Dec 06, 2011
- Zaheer, Sreesanth out of West Indies Test series (Lead) - Jun 10, 2011
- Mithun replaces injured Yadav in Indian team - Oct 21, 2011
- Praveen Kumar ruled out of first three ODIs against Windies - Nov 28, 2011
- Tendulkar, Zaheer back in ODI fold, Irfan retained (Lead) - Jan 15, 2012
- Lively Sabina Park track a test for injury-plagued India against Windies - Jun 19, 2011
- Sreesanth replaces injured Praveen Kumar in Indian WC squad - Feb 08, 2011
- Late strike from Russell, Sammy propel West Indies to 260/5 (Lead) - Dec 05, 2011
- Tendulkar, Zaheer back in India's ODI squad since World Cup - Jan 15, 2012
- Rohit Sharma smashes 95, but India lose third ODI (Roundup) - Dec 06, 2011
- Rohit Sharma smashes 95, but India lose third ODI (Lead) - Dec 06, 2011
- Irfan Pathan keen to make return to national squad count - Dec 06, 2011
- Six changes in India squad for England, Sehwag to join later - Jul 02, 2011
- India will look to seal Test series at Kensington Oval - Jun 27, 2011
Tags: ahmedabad, ankle injury, australia series, australia tour, chest trauma, cricket, elbow, forthcoming test, fractured rib, india bcci, medium pacer, mithun, mumbai, odi series, odis, sanjay, selectors, test series, west indies, world cup campaign