Ponting, Watson, replace Warner, Ferguson for ODI series against Sri LankaOctober 26th, 2010 - 2:35 pm ICT by ANI
Sydney, Oct 26(ANI): Australian skipper Ricky Ponting and opening batsman Shane Watson have been recalled for the ODI series against Sri Lanka next month.
The duo was rested from the squad for the recent rain-hit ODI series in India, where Michael Clarke captained the team, the Sydney Morning Herald reports.
Brad Haddin, who has recovered from injury, will return as the wicketkeeper, while Tasmanian spinner Xavier Doherty’s impressive start to the domestic season saw him rewarded with a call-up for the series.
David Warner and Callum Ferguson have been dropped from the team to make way for the experienced campaigners.
The Sri Lankans play Australia in three one-day internationals, just before the first Ashes Test against England gets underway at the Gabba on November 25.
The first match will be played on November 3 at Melbourne, followed by second on November 5 at Sydney and third on November 7 at Brisbane.
Australian ODI squad: Ricky Ponting (capt), Michael Clarke (v-capt), Xavier Doherty, Brad Haddin, John Hastings, Nathan Hauritz, Mike Hussey, Mitchell Johnson, Shaun Marsh, Clint McKay, Peter Siddle, Steve Smith, Mitchell Starc, Shane Watson, Cameron White. (ANI)
- Ponting axed from Australia's ODI squad, Watson returns - Feb 20, 2012
- Harris, Starc dropped from Windies tour, Haddin recalled - Feb 29, 2012
- Forrest, Wade in Australia's Test squad; Haddin retained - Mar 14, 2012
- Australia drop Marsh, rest Haddin for ODI tri-series - Jan 30, 2012
- Spinners Hauritz, Doherty to face off for World Cup spot - Jan 11, 2011
- Maxwell gets Australian team call-up - Jul 16, 2012
- Australia field four debutants against New Zealand - Nov 26, 2011
- Uncapped Doherty, Smith in Oz squad in place of Hauritz for first Ashes Test - Nov 20, 2010
- Bailey replaces Clarke for Sunday's ODI against India (Lead) - Feb 17, 2012
- Hastings in Australia's World Cup squad, Siddle dropped - Jan 18, 2011
- Lee, Tait recalled for first ODI against England - Jan 11, 2011
- Australia to rest Mike Hussey against India - Feb 11, 2012
- Oz selectors announce provisional 17-man Ashes squad for Gabba Test - Nov 15, 2010
- Johnson lucky to get a Cricket Australia central contract - Jun 22, 2012
- Beer in, North, Bollinger and Doherty axed from Oz squad - Dec 10, 2010
Tags: callum, cameron white, david warner, first ashes test, gabba, john hastings, michael clarke, mike hussey, mitchell johnson, nathan hauritz, odi series, odi squad, ricky ponting, shane watson, siddle, sri lankans, starc, steve smith, sydney morning herald, wicketkeeper