Ponting fined 5400 dollars for ‘unacceptable’ argument with umpires in MCG TestDecember 27th, 2010 - 6:03 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Dec 27(ANI): Australian captain Ricky Ponting has been fined 40 per cent of his match fee for his furious argument with on-field umpires Aleem Dar and Tony Hill during today’s play of the Boxing Day Ashes Test against England.
Ponting was charged with a Level One offence under article 2.1.3 (h) of the International Cricket Council (ICC)’s code of conduct, which relates to arguing or entering into a prolonged discussion with the umpire about his decision.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, the 36-year-old pleaded guilty to the charge after which he was fined 5400 dollars.
The incident had happened after Australia appealed for a caught-behind against England batsman Kevin Pietersen, when he was on 49.
Australian wicketkeeper Brad Haddin had convinced Ponting to call for a video review of the appeal, but the referral was unsuccessful.
A furious Ponting then demanded to know from Dar and Hill, why it was not out.
Ponting also had an angry exchange with Pietersen. (ANI)
- Ponting blasts 'flawed' UDRS, insists Pietersen was out - Dec 28, 2010
- Ponting fined 40 percent of match fees in MCG Test - Dec 27, 2010
- Ponting apologises for showing dissent towards umpires - Dec 28, 2010
- Ponting slams policy of showing replays on big screen - Dec 28, 2010
- Ponting apologises for his on-field argument with umpires - Dec 28, 2010
- Clarke demands ICC action on video referrals after Bell 'edge' - Jan 06, 2011
- Ponting had no reason for his ugly altercation with umpire: Trott - Dec 28, 2010
- English media lambast Ponting - Dec 28, 2010
- Praveen Kumar fined for breaching ICC code - Jul 30, 2011
- Former England captains blast Ponting's behaviour - Dec 28, 2010
- Haddin fined for breaching ICC Code of Conduct - May 17, 2010
- Taufel, Gould to officiate in high-octane India-Pakistan semis - Mar 27, 2011
- Haddin fined for showing dissent at umpire decision - May 17, 2010
- Bravo fined by ICC after criticising umpires - Jun 23, 2012
- Chappell wants Ponting's suspension for arguing with umpires - Dec 28, 2010
Tags: aleem dar, ashes test, australia, australian captain, boxing day, captain ricky ponting, code of conduct, england batsman, international cricket council, kevin pietersen, match, melbourne, morning herald, offence, referral, ricky, sydney morning herald, umpire, umpires, video review