Pollock asks Mumbai Indians not to be complacent against Kochi TuskersApril 15th, 2011 - 11:44 am ICT by ANI
Mumbai, Apr 15 (ANI): Ahead of their match against Kochi Tuskers Kerala (KTK), bowling coach of Mumbai Indians Shaun Pollock has said that his team would continue to perform well and practice hard to play a consistent game in their forthcoming matches in the Indian Premiere League (IPL).
Addressing mediapersons in Mumbai, Pollock said the team has gained momentum and confidence from victory in the earlier matches.
“A thing about 20-20 cricket is that you cannot take it for granted and we have played well in two games and won well.
“But we need to take each game as it comes and you can’t look too far ahead and you going with confidence from the way we have played but we don’t want one moment to go complacent. We definitely focused for tomorrow’s game. Our first game in Mumbai, so we (are) looking forward to it,” he said.
Praising the cricket fans from Mumbai, Pollock hoped to get full support in their first match on the ground.
“I think the Mumbai fans have always been very passionate about cricket and there is no doubt about that and the fact that Sachin is in the team obviously plays a part. He has got lots of support for him from every go.
“Wherever we play in Delhi or Bangalore; there is always lot of people shouting for Sachin. I think the Mumbai crowd is the same; they have got a proud tradition and heritage here. We have discussed it many times of how many trophies they have won so as I say it’s a proud cricketing province or state whatever you are going to call it. And that is why we get such support,” said Pollock.
Mumbai Indians who are leading the charts of IPL will be taking on Kochi Tuskers Kerala, who had a sloppy start in their debut IPL series, on April 15.
The team was seen undergoing a strenuous practice session in the nets ahead of their match.
Expressing confidence in the players Pollock said the team is required to work hard in all aspects of the game.
Mumbai Indians led by cricket legend Sachin Tendulkar has an edge as they have not lost any match and are in a winning momentum, whereas KTK led by Jayawardene had consecutive two defeats and would be looking forward for a fight back in the coming match.
The Indian Premier League is witnessing its fourth season this year. (ANI)
- Jayawardene ready to take on Lankan teammate Sangakkara in IPL battle - Apr 27, 2011
- Kochi Tuskers batsman Hodge criticises IPL schedule, pitches - May 05, 2011
- Poor fielding let us down against Kochi Tuskers: Tendulkar - Apr 16, 2011
- I want to keep myself clear of IPL: Tharoor - Apr 20, 2011
- Kochi Tuskers confident of beating Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings - Apr 18, 2011
- IPL is changing the face of world cricket: Pollock - May 07, 2012
- Batsmen motivated to do well against Daredevils: Pollock - Apr 26, 2012
- Deccan Chargers all geared up to lock horns with Kochi Tuskers in IPL - Apr 27, 2011
- Kochi Tuskers will fight back in remaining IPL matches: Jayawardene - Apr 14, 2011
- Jayawardene confident of Kochi Tuskers making a comeback in IPL - Apr 10, 2011
- Not under estimating Delhi Daredevils: Jayawardene - Apr 30, 2011
- IPL: Kochi wants to shift to Ahmedabad - Aug 16, 2011
- Kochi moving in right direction after beating MI, CSK: Jayawardene - Apr 19, 2011
- Kochi Tuskers confident of beating Pune Warriors despite defeat in first IPL game - Apr 13, 2011
- Confident Vettori says every IPL match is important - Apr 12, 2011
Tags: bowling coach, confidence, consistent game, cricket fans, cricketing, crowd, debut, first game, indians, match, momentum, no doubt, practice session, premiere league, proud tradition, sachin, shaun pollock, trophies, tuskers, two games