Polish hotels begin lowering tariff before Euro 2012May 25th, 2012 - 3:48 pm ICT by IANS
Warsaw, May 25 (IANS) Three weeks before the start of the Euro 2012 football tournament, Polish hotels have begun lowering their tariffs as they are left with thousands of unbooked rooms, the Rzeczpospolita daily reported.
According to the daily, a night at a four-star Warsaw Hotel for June 10 is offered for PLN 207. Tariffs on match days are higher, for example PLN 600 on the opening day of the tournament - June 8.
Meanwhile, Wroclaw hoteliers fell victim to their tariff policy. For instance, a year ago a room at a two-star hotel, 20 km away from the local stadium, was offered for PLN 2.500. It is much easier to find similar accommodation in the city now, reported Xinhua.
Euro 2012, to take place from June 8 to July 1, 2012, will be co-hosted by the two countries’ eight cities. The matches will be played in Poland’s Warsaw, Wroclaw, Poznan, Gdansk and Ukraine’s Kiev, Lvov, Kharkov and Donet.
- Handbook ready for football fans ahead of Euro 2012 - May 22, 2012
- Polish cops to assist in Ukraine during Euro 2012 - Mar 14, 2012
- Warsaw takes training to help blind fans at Euro 2012 - Mar 14, 2012
- Tango 12 named official ball of Euro 2012 - Nov 30, 2011
- Stay off during Euro 2012, Polish PM tells protesters - May 19, 2012
- Poland claims it is well prepared for Euro 2012 - May 09, 2012
- Ban on smoking and tobacco ads at Euro 2012 - Oct 21, 2011
- UEFA pleased with Euro 2012 preparations, says Ukraine - Nov 22, 2011
- Polish minister expects Euro 2012 to generate jobs - Apr 06, 2012
- Ukraine's Euro 2012 preparations enter home stretch: President - May 31, 2012
- Polish competition watchdog sues UEFA over Euro 2012 tickets - Mar 20, 2012
- Shortage of public toilets for Euro 2012 - Feb 23, 2012
- Euro 2012 organisers to open volunteers training centre - Apr 20, 2012
- Polish border guards ready for Euro 2012 - May 23, 2012
- 29 percent of Poles believe country ready for Euro 2012 - Mar 29, 2012
Tags: donet, euro 2012, football tournament, four star, gdansk, hoteliers, july 1, kharkov, kiev, lvov, match, opening day, poznan, rzeczpospolita, star hotel, tariff policy, tariffs, warsaw hotel, wroclaw, xinhua