Police file a case against World Wrestling Federation starsNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:56 am ICT by admin
“We have started investigations into the case and have taken their passports in our custody. We will do what all is required. We have all the evidence, statements of the witnesses,” said R.K. Jaiswal, Senior Superintendent of Police.
Wrestlers reportedly roughed up journalists on October 25 following an announcement that a wrestling championship slated for October 28 was cancelled.
The Universal Wrestling Stars Inc. (UWSI), a company based in Canada, had recently announced that it would be organising its international wrestling championship ‘India vs. Rest of the World - War of Legends’ at Patiala, in addition to the scheduled venues of Ludhiana and Jalandhar.
The tickets for the championship, which was to be held at the Polo Grounds on October 28, were priced at Rs 250, Rs 500 and Rs 1,000.
The USP of this Championship was that globally acclaimed Indian wrestling stars like ‘King of all Wrestlers’ Tiger Jeet Singh, former WWF and WWE wrestling superstar Tiger Ali Singh were to take on wrestlers from all over the world including the invincible ‘The Giant’, the uncontrollable Killer Pane, Mountain of a Man Yokozuna, the Ultimate Fighting Champion Wolfgang, the ‘King of the Old School’ Steve Corino, pure Muscleman Nikita and the “Stunning” Jerry Lynn. (ANI)
- Wrestlers vent their anger on journalists in Ludhiana - Nov 14, 2007
- Russian wrestler Nikita apologises to media - Nov 14, 2007
- Former wrestling star-turned-adult entertainment actress 'Chyna' Laurer collapses in Miami - May 21, 2012
- WWE Sid Vicious arrested on drug charges - Jan 24, 2011
- 44-Year-Old Wrestler Jorge Giant Gonzalez Dies - Sep 25, 2010
- Dara Singh - the champion loses his final fight (Obituary) - Jul 12, 2012
- PM honours Mary Kom, Yogeshwar Dutt - Sep 08, 2012
- National Wrestling Championship from Oct 14 - Oct 05, 2011
- Khali puts his weight behind Anna - Aug 27, 2011
- Two Kashmir wrestlers to compete in Pakistan (Lead) - May 14, 2012
- Delhi to host three-day wrestling championship next week - May 08, 2010
- Bhajji on wrestling show - Dec 22, 2011
- Khali mobbed, two fans injured in firing - Jan 22, 2011
- After dream medal, marriage on cards for Yogeshwar (Lead, Combining London/Chandigarh stories) - Aug 12, 2012
- Great Khali visiting Himachal next month - Oct 23, 2009
Tags: indian wrestling, jalandhar, muscleman, passports, patiala, polo grounds, prima facie, recently announced that, rs 250, stars inc, steve corino, superintendent, tiger ali singh, tiger jeet singh, ultimate fighting champion, world wrestling federation, wrestlers, wrestling superstar, wwe wrestling, yokozuna