Podolski plays down Arsenal moveMarch 11th, 2012 - 10:00 pm ICT by IANS
London, March 11 (IANS) German striker Lukas Podolski has rubbished speculation that he has agreed to move to English Premier League club Arsenal on a 10.9 million pound deal in the summer.
The Cologne striker has constantly been linked with a move to the North London club after reports in the English media claimed that Cologne had agreed to Arsenal’s bid for the Polish-born striker.
“We’ll just have to wait and see, but nothing has been decided yet,” Podolski was quoted as saying by Daily Mail.
“Every day people are repeatedly announcing the deal, or wanting to be the first to confirm it exclusively, but if there is anything to say, then I will be the first to do so.”
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger also insisted a deal is yet to be finalised for the 26-year-old, who has played at two World Cups, but is confident he can be brought in at the right price.
“He is a good football player above all. He can play for us because he can play central, he can play right and he can play on the left,” said Wenger.
“He has 96 caps for Germany and is 26 years old which is the best age. He is available at a reasonable price if we can reach an agreement, but at the moment we are nowhere near.
“I don’t want to disappoint people and let down their expectations. Let us first see what we can do,” he added.
- Podolski turns down riches to sign with Arsenal - Mar 09, 2012
- Podolski agrees to terms with Arsenal - Feb 29, 2012
- French striker Olivier Giroud joins Arsenal - Jun 26, 2012
- Cologne agree to Arsenal's offer for Podolski - Mar 08, 2012
- Arsenal agree 12.8m pound deal for Giroud - Jun 19, 2012
- Bookies favour Manchester City to win EPL - Aug 17, 2012
- Bundesliga side Cologne sign Bochum striker Jong Tae-Se - Jan 31, 2012
- Wenger to get 55 million pounds for squad overhaul - Feb 20, 2012
- Wilshere to miss Euro 2012 - Apr 17, 2012
- German coach names players for Argentina friendly - Aug 10, 2012
- Wenger hopes Henry's presence can inspire Gunners - Nov 18, 2011
- Keep distance from Van Persie, Wenger tells Manchester City - Oct 01, 2011
- Wenger confirms Thierry Henry's return - Dec 30, 2011
- Arsenal wants to bring in more players: Wenger - Jul 25, 2012
- Van Persie likely to miss friendly match - Feb 29, 2012
Tags: arsenal manager arsene wenger, caps, cologne, daily mail, english premier league, football player, germany, london march, lukas podolski, manager arsene wenger, march 11, north london club, speculation, striker, world cups