Podolski agrees to terms with ArsenalFebruary 29th, 2012 - 8:15 pm ICT by IANS
London, Feb 29 (IANS) German striker Lukas Podolski is on the brink of a move to English Premier League club Arsenal after the player agreed to terms for a switch to the Emirates.
Podolski, who plays for German club Cologne, is happy with the terms on offer at Arsenal and a deal can go through at the end of the season, provided a fee can be agreed.
Arsenal are looking to re-build their team, and manager Arsene Wenger is set to get 50 million pounds to spend in the summer. The London club lost key players Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri just before the start of the EPL 2011-12 season and has failed to bring any big names.
Currently the team is in fourth place in the table, tied on points with city rivals Chelsea.
Arsenal is also on the lookout for Podolski’s German teammate Mario Gotze of Borussia Dortmund. Though the German club are in no mood to let go of their 19-year-old starlet.
Cologne are asking for 15 million pounds for the German, but Arsenal have evaluated the player at 8 million pounds.
- Wenger to get 55 million pounds for squad overhaul - Feb 20, 2012
- Podolski turns down riches to sign with Arsenal - Mar 09, 2012
- Podolski plays down Arsenal move - Mar 11, 2012
- Arsenal has no plans to part with Fabregas, Wilshere: Wenger - Apr 24, 2011
- Arsene fears more players will leave Arsenal - Sep 24, 2011
- Nasri is the new Thierry Henry: Wenger - Dec 08, 2010
- Arsenal ready to sell skipper Fabregas for 35-mn pounds - Apr 27, 2011
- Van Persie likely to miss friendly match - Feb 29, 2012
- German coach names players for Argentina friendly - Aug 10, 2012
- Bookies favour Manchester City to win EPL - Aug 17, 2012
- I could write a book about the summer: Wenger - Sep 10, 2011
- We are not the favourites: German soccer coach - Jun 02, 2012
- Cologne agree to Arsenal's offer for Podolski - Mar 08, 2012
- Arsenal all set to sign South Korean captain Park Chu-Young - Aug 28, 2011
- Barca coach Guardiola admits defeat in luring Gunners skipper Fabregas - Feb 22, 2011
Tags: 50 million pounds, arsenal london, brink, city rivals, cologne, dortmund, emirates, english premier league, fabregas, feb 29, german club, london club, london feb, lookout, lukas podolski, manager arsene wenger, nasri, starlet, striker, teammate