PM to lay foundation stone for 1500 MW power plant in Capital todayMarch 24th, 2008 - 11:10 am ICT by admin
Bawana (New Delhi), Mar 24 (ANI): Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh will lay the foundation stone for 1500 MW gas-based power plant Pragati Phase-III Power Project, to come up at an estimated cost of Rs 4,500 crore in West Delhi, today.
Union Power Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde and Petroleum Minister Murli Deora will also be present on the occasion.
The proposed project (phase-III) has received clearance from Union Ministry of Environment and Forests.
Pragati Power Corporation has signed agreements with Bharat Petroleum Corporation, GAIL and Indian Oil Corporation for supply of two million standard cubic meters per day of gas each to fire the power station.
The gas supply for the power project will be arranged by Petronet LNG. (ANI)
- Gail, Tidco to set up a JV power plant in Tamil Nadu - May 11, 2012
- Delhi to start gas-based power project - Sep 13, 2010
- Power project commissioned in Tripura - Sep 21, 2010
- India, Angola to speed up petroleum sector cooperation - Oct 31, 2010
- India seeks higher crude oil supplies from Angola - Oct 31, 2010
- Petronet's Kochi LNG terminal to start in two months - Aug 23, 2012
- Northeast asks centre to reduce gas prices - Aug 29, 2010
- Russia's Gazprom to supply LNG to India - Jul 21, 2011
- Northeast power ministers call for gas price cut - May 07, 2011
- 5.5 cr more LPG connections in five years: Deora - Sep 30, 2009
- NEEPCO project in Tripura to run by water, thermal heat - Dec 25, 2010
- Gas allocation not possible for power projects, says minister - Aug 13, 2012
- LNG terminal capacity to be doubled at Kochi: Petroleum Secretary - Nov 22, 2010
- BHEL sets up third gas turbine in Delhi power plant - Jul 05, 2012
- Tamil Nadu to study LNG power project feasibility - Mar 29, 2012
Tags: bharat petroleum, bharat petroleum corporation, crore, cubic meters, dr manmohan singh, foundation stone, indian oil, indian oil corporation, manmohan, manmohan singh, ministry of environment, ministry of environment and forests, murli deora, phase iii, power minister, project phase, sushil kumar, sushil kumar shinde, union ministry, west delhi