Pittsburgh Steelers Wide Receiver Hines Ward Exits Game After Suffering ConcussionNovember 15th, 2010 - 9:36 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Pittsburgh, Nov 15, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Sunday night’s game of the Pittsburgh Steelers against the New England Patriots turned out to be a nightmare for the ardent followers of the former team as not only did the Steelers suffer a humiliating defeat against their opponents but one of its key players also got injured. During the first quarter of the Sunday night’s game, wide receiver Hines Ward sustained a concussion while he was trying to make a catch owing to which he had to be helped out of the field.
The 34-year-old wide receiver suffered a concussion after being stuck by New England Patriots player Patrick Chung as well as James Sanders during what was ruled as the six-yard catch on the third possession of the Pittsburgh Steelers. After the incident in which Hines Ward’s helmet was hit by that of the Patriots safety James Sanders’, the Steelers wide receiver looked shaky as he walked in the field while medical professionals rushed to his help him. While revealing details about the present condition of Hines Ward, Pittsburgh Steelers coach Mike Tomlin confirmed that the player was undergoing a series of tests after sustaining the concussion. The Steelers coach also went on to add that it would be clear in the next few days where the team stands and whether the wide receiver would be able to play when the Steelers clash against Oakland Raiders next week.
In the meanwhile, Hines Ward was the fourth player of the Pittsburgh Steelers who had to endure a concussion within a week. Others players such suffered injuries in the Monday night game against Cincinnati Bengals includes Will Allen, Isaac Redman, among others.
- "No Disrespect For Ed Reed," Hines Ward Says - Jan 16, 2011
- 3 Steelers sustain concussions in a game vs. Bengals - Nov 11, 2010
- Santonio Holmes, Hines Ward To Face-Off In AFC Championship Game - Jan 23, 2011
- Pittsburgh Steelers Wins Against Baltimore Ravens In AFC Playoff - Jan 16, 2011
- Pittsburgh Steelers Reach Super Bowl Final By Crushing New York Jets - Jan 24, 2011
- Cincinnati Bengals' Wide Receiver Terell Owens Speaks About His Match Against Pittsburgh Steelers - Nov 08, 2010
- Sidney Crosby welcomed heartily for game against Islanders - Nov 22, 2011
- Steelers Win Over The Titans In The NFL Opener - Sep 11, 2009
- Oakland Raiders Player Richard Seymour Punches Ben Roethlisberger During Sunday's Game - Nov 22, 2010
- Mike Tomlin: The Youngest Coach To Make It To Super Bowl - Jan 24, 2011
- Ben Roethlisberger Undergoes Surgery To Fix Broken Nose - Dec 07, 2010
- Injuries Fail To Rout Green Bay Packers' Super Bowl Victory - Feb 07, 2011
- Green Bay Packers Bring Vince Lombardi Trophy Home For The Fourth Time - Feb 07, 2011
- Pittsburgh Steelers, Green Bay Packers To Face-Off In Super Bowl 2011 - Jan 24, 2011
- Ben Roethlisberger & Ashley Harlan's wedding is on 23rd of July - Apr 08, 2011
Tags: cincinnati bengals, clash, coach mike tomlin, concussion, first quarter, followers, former team, gina gomez, helmet, hines ward, james sanders, medical professionals, monday night game, new england, new england patriots, nightmare, oakland raiders, pittsburgh steelers, redman, wide receiver