Pittsburgh Steelers Reach Super Bowl Final By Crushing New York JetsJanuary 24th, 2011 - 8:04 pm ICT by GD
By Madhuri Dey
Jan 24, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Last night Pittsburgh fans certainly knew no limits to their joy after the Pittsburgh Steelers crushed the New York Jets by a score of 24-19 going on to win the American Football Conference title. Fans present at the Heinz Field could not stop praising the Pittsburgh Steelers team since it was fought and won on the home ground itself. With the results it was evident that the Steelers had successfully secured their place in the Super Bowl.
Last night’s victory has assured the Pittsburgh Steelers that they will be going to Dallas the next month to face the other heavyweight Green Bay Packers. The Packers on the other hand defeated the Chicago Bears on Sunday by 21-14 to win the NFC match. Both the teams will be competing against each other in Dallas to notch the Super Bowl victory. As obvious it was not only the Steelers fans and players who were happy to have grabbed the victory, Steelers coach Mike Tomlin too could not restrict himself from pouring his deep felt emotions. According to sources, the coach confessed that the saga had started out with 32 teams and gradually with the entire lot getting swept away, only two mighty ones are left out to compete for the final round.
With only one more step to go by, Pittsburgh Steelers are now all set to go for the clash of the titans. Last night’s win over the Jets have helped the Steelers to not only go for the Super Bowl but also take a revenge upon the Jets for their last month loss to the team by a 22-17.
- Arlington Gearing Up To Host Super Bowl 2011 - Jan 24, 2011
- Mike Tomlin: The Youngest Coach To Make It To Super Bowl - Jan 24, 2011
- Pittsburgh Steelers, Green Bay Packers To Face-Off In Super Bowl 2011 - Jan 24, 2011
- Pittsburgh Steelers Beat New York Jets By 24-19 - Jan 24, 2011
- New York Jets All Set To Lash Out Against Pittsburgh Steelers - Jan 23, 2011
- Green Bay Packers Beat Pittsburgh Steelers To Win Super Bowl XLV - Feb 07, 2011
- Green Bay Packers Beat Chicago Bears, Advance To Super Bowl 2011 - Jan 24, 2011
- Injuries Fail To Rout Green Bay Packers' Super Bowl Victory - Feb 07, 2011
- Green Bay Packers And Chicago Bears To Go For Clash Of Titans - Jan 23, 2011
- Rashard Mendenhall Lead Pittsburgh Steelers To Super Bowl Final - Jan 24, 2011
- Odds are Out for Super Bowl 2012 - Feb 08, 2011
- Green Bay Packers Bring Vince Lombardi Trophy Home For The Fourth Time - Feb 07, 2011
- Green Bay Packers win Super Bowl 31-25 over Pittsburgh Steelers - Feb 07, 2011
- Green Bay Packers Turn Out To Be Oddsmakers' Favorite To Win Super Bowl 2011 - Jan 24, 2011
- Green Bay Packers Reach Super Bowl Finals By Defeating Atlanta Falcons By 48-21 - Jan 16, 2011
Tags: american football conference, bowl victory, chicago bears, clash of the titans, coach mike tomlin, dey, emotions, going to dallas, green bay packers, heinz field, jan 24, new york jets, nfc, night pittsburgh, pittsburgh fans, pittsburgh steelers, revenge, saga, steelers fans, super bowl