Pittsburgh Steelers place a first round tender on Mike WallaceMarch 3rd, 2012 - 12:36 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Pittsburg, Mar 2 (THAINDIAN NEWS) There has been a first round tender bid on the restricted free agent wide receiver Mike Wallace by the Pittsburgh Steelers. This has caused wide spread debate amongst all, as the critics feel that the Pittsburgh Steelers should have had taken up the franchise tag on Mike, rather than place a tender bid.
There are reports that from the 13th of March, many teams would try to offer Mike Wallace a place on their teams and then the Steelers would have the option of matching the best offer in a bid to keep Mike Wallace to themselves. However if they are unable to do so, which seems very likely due to their financial crunch, then which ever team picks up the talented Mike Wallace would need to offer a first round pick to the Steelers.
Experts are of the opinion that the San Francisco 49ers have the best shot of acquiring Mike Wallace. Mike Wallace has already made it clear that he wants to join a big team like the San Francisco 49ers and this sure looks like a match made in heaven.
However the final result of which team acquires Mike would be known only after the 13th of March.
- Is Mike Wallace going to sign a contract with Pittsburg Steelers? - Jul 27, 2012
- 23-Year-Old San Francisco 49ers' Glen Coffee Bids Goodbye To Football - Aug 14, 2010
- Marvin Lewis Unlikely To Continue With Cincinnati Bengals - Jan 04, 2011
- Cincinnati Bengals' Wide Receiver Terell Owens Speaks About His Match Against Pittsburgh Steelers - Nov 08, 2010
- Jim Harbaugh Quits Stanford For San Francisco 49ers - Jan 08, 2011
- Santonio Holmes, Hines Ward To Face-Off In AFC Championship Game - Jan 23, 2011
- Pittsburgh Steelers Reach Super Bowl Final By Crushing New York Jets - Jan 24, 2011
- Green Bay Packers Bring Vince Lombardi Trophy Home For The Fourth Time - Feb 07, 2011
- Pittsburgh Steelers, Green Bay Packers To Face-Off In Super Bowl 2011 - Jan 24, 2011
- 2011 NFL Draft Order Led By Carolina Panthers - Jan 03, 2011
- NFL Scores Of Week 5 Is Led By Jacksonville Jaguars - Oct 11, 2010
- Pittsburgh Steelers Wide Receiver Hines Ward Exits Game After Suffering Concussion - Nov 15, 2010
- Emmanuel Sanders Selected In Third Round Draft - Apr 24, 2010
- Pittsburgh Steelers Wins Against Baltimore Ravens In AFC Playoff - Jan 16, 2011
- "No Disrespect For Ed Reed," Hines Ward Says - Jan 16, 2011