Pittsburgh Steelers Pick Thaddeus Gibson In The Fourth Round Of NFL DraftApril 25th, 2010 - 7:52 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Apr 25, (THAINDIAN NEWS) At last a Buckeye player got drafted this year and it was none other than linebacker Thaddeus Gibson. The Ohio State linebacker Thaddeus Gibson was drafted by the Pittsburgh Steelers team management in the fourth round of the NFL draft pick. He was holding the No. 116 overall position. The coaches of the Pittsburgh Steelers team said that the player fits in the mold of the team well.
Some sources claim that the agent of Thaddeus Gibson, Brad Cicala had previously predicted that the player will get drafted in the third round or the fourth round. However, as per the reports, Brad Cicala had guessed that the player will be drafted by the New Orleans Saints. The agent later on found that the Pittsburgh Steelers were interested to draft the player.
The 6-foot-2 and 240-pounds outside linebacker has remained a top performer among defensive linemen at all the three events at the combine in Indianapolis. Thaddeus Gibson bears the personal best of running 40 yards dash in 4.58 and 4.59 seconds. He has also to his credit 29 and 1/2 sacks in total. Thaddeus Gibson has also in the past reportedly gone for a position workout with the representatives of the Pittsburgh Steelers which hints that the player was being eyed by the team for long.
On Saturday, the Pittsburgh Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said that Thaddeus Gibson fits well in the mold of the team which has gone on to make some great wins for the past few years. The team is looking forward to the contribution of the new player in the team and the coach added that the addition of Thaddeus Gibson in the team will increase the quality of the depth. According to Mike Tomlin, the competition in the linebacker position will be increased by the inclusion of new players.
- Pittsburgh Steelers Reach Super Bowl Final By Crushing New York Jets - Jan 24, 2011
- Pittsburgh Steelers Wide Receiver Hines Ward Exits Game After Suffering Concussion - Nov 15, 2010
- Mike Tomlin: The Youngest Coach To Make It To Super Bowl - Jan 24, 2011
- Pittsburgh Steelers place a first round tender on Mike Wallace - Mar 03, 2012
- Ben Roethlisberger & Ashley Harlan's wedding is on 23rd of July - Apr 08, 2011
- Is Mike Wallace going to sign a contract with Pittsburg Steelers? - Jul 27, 2012
- Rashard Mendenhall Has Not Suffered Broken Arm, Confirms Agent - Aug 28, 2010
- Steelers Win Over The Titans In The NFL Opener - Sep 11, 2009
- Ravens Player Paul Kruger Ensures His Team's Victory Against The Steelers - Nov 30, 2009
- Green Bay Packers Bring Vince Lombardi Trophy Home For The Fourth Time - Feb 07, 2011
- Marvin Lewis Unlikely To Continue With Cincinnati Bengals - Jan 04, 2011
- Green Bay Packers Beat Pittsburgh Steelers To Win Super Bowl XLV - Feb 07, 2011
- Rashard Mendenhall Lead Pittsburgh Steelers To Super Bowl Final - Jan 24, 2011
- Ben Roethlisberger Undergoes Surgery To Fix Broken Nose - Dec 07, 2010
- Curtis Grant Chooses Ohio State Buckeyes Over Virginia Cavaliers - Feb 03, 2011
Tags: cicala, coach mike tomlin, combine, defensive linemen, inclusion, indianapolis, kar, linebacker position, mold, new orleans saints, nfl draft, ohio state linebacker, personal best, pittsburgh steelers, sacks, team management, thaddeus gibson, top performer, workout